My very unscientific 'Just How Big is the iPhone 6 Plus' test

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fanchee, Sep 11, 2014.

1. fanchee macrumors 6502a

fanchee

This is just for fun, but it may actually help someone else still trying to decide.

I had some free time today so started wandering about the house looking for something that measured up to the size of the iPhone 6 Plus. I had the cutout in hand, searching for something...anything that would give me a better idea of how this might feel in my hand.

I came across an old checkbook. It's a tiny bit too short, length-wise, but width-wise it pretty much aligned right up. And depth is pretty spot on, too.

If you have an old checkbook lying around, grab it and put your cutout on top. Walk around holding it! Put it in your pockets. Have fun!

:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. doxielover macrumors 6502a

doxielover

The check book method has been posted on several threads already but thanks for the pics!!!

3. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

Hope that's not the ars print-out. The 5s on that is too short, I suspect the others may be smaller too.

4. fanchee thread starter macrumors 6502a

fanchee

Dang it! LOL... I've been reading through these threads since the announcement and haven't come across the checkbook method, but I really should have known someone else posted it.

And if it IS too short, then perhaps it would align even better w/ the checkbook, since it's just a tad too short.

5. ronm99 macrumors 6502

Thanks for posting this! They are a near fit.

I actually went to a Verizon store and tried the Galaxy Note. Personally, I want the biggest phone that I can fit comfortably in my pocket (no man purse for me :)

I tried a Note 3, and it fit in my pocket just fine. I won't be able to wear tight jeans, but my chinos will have no problem at all.

2-handed use is definitely out of the question, but the bigger screen is worth it for me.

6. james92se macrumors 6502a

I drew my own template straight from the Apple dimensions published right on their website, and mated it to my own cardboard cut-outs stacked to give me the exact thickness of the real phone too. I will say it's impressively thin.

Like a total dork, I have been at work all day with this cardboard cut-out in my pocket seeing whether or not it's totally unwieldy and unmanageable. It's not unmanageable at all, even in dress slacks, so I'm nearly certain at this point I'll be getting the 6 Plus.

7. iosuser macrumors 6502a

Try this, much easier ;) Won't help if you wanted to physically try it on for size, but gives you a perfect actual size view. This link is calibrated to my screen. Just calibrate your own screen, click recalibrate, choose the phone that you have with you, and align the image until it matches your phone against your screen. Very easy.

The Plus is a monster.

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/si...Phone-6,Apple-iPhone-5s/phones/8908,8346,7710

8. fanchee thread starter macrumors 6502a

fanchee

Nice! Based on that, the checkbook is actually a bit smaller! LOL.

9. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

Very helpful link. Thank you for that.

10. mac.cali macrumors 65816

Good link! Still leaning towards the Plus. It's larger, but I'm hardly on the phone talking so a larger screen is a good thing. :)

11. aevelasquez macrumors regular

Don't worry. I'm right there with you. I've been reaching for the cardboard dummy I made all day. Every time I grab it it, the large size seems more manageable than it did before. I'll definitely be ordering the 6+ tonight.

12. mac.cali macrumors 65816

Same here. I've been walking around with it and pretty much leaning towards the Plus. It is larger, but not to the point where I will cry about it. The bigger screen is great. The wife is getting the 4.7 and if I like that one, I'll exchange it for that. But I'm sure the Plus will win me over.

13. DonkeyWhisperer macrumors member

Thank you! You just sold me for sure on the Plus.