My Video demo on the Keynote Remote App

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by The Samurai, Jan 7, 2009.

1. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

Alright everyone

Just installed the Keynote remote and tried it out - its absolutely fantastic. I would definitely recommend it.

Heres my views on it (youtube).

2. azdude macrumors 6502

FYI, if you're presenting in a location that doesn't have "internet access" (a WiFi network, more accurately), you can simply use your Mac to create one with "Internet Sharing".

I do this all the time out on the road to sync Things via WiFi when I'm not around an existing network. This also works with the Keynote Remote app

3. The Samurai thread starter macrumors 68000

The Samurai

Cheers for that, i'll try this out as im not always within the range of a wifi network.

4. jwa898 macrumors member

The keynote app looks really cool; however if I used that application I think I would start staring at my iPhone versus looking at the audience. Although I have never used the "Pointer Remote for powerpoint and keynote" it seems like I would like it better since you don't need to look at the iPhone to change slides instead tapping the iPhone seems more discrete. I haven't used either of these applications though so I'm really not sure if my concerns about the keynote application are warranted. Thoughts?

5. uicandrew macrumors 6502a

i think it could've been included with iwork for free. but oh well

6. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I agree, should have just been a bundle app included with keynote.