My video proof that the iPhone 4 reception issues don't effect everyone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Shorties, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Shorties macrumors 6502a

Here is my proof that it doesn't effect everyone!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQBscc7jong

I filmed this 3 times, but the first two didn't have sound, in both of those previous tests holding the phone with the left hand performed equally with holding it touching it as little as possible, (Actually it performed slightly better in both cases). When I filmed this one I did have a slight drop of bars at the beginning but it had no effect on my data, and the bars recovered quickly. I believe this is more of an issue with reception in your area combined with the design of the phone, rather than a real huge issue with design of the phone. But as you can see, the left hand, and covering the black lines have no effect on the quality of the signal.

2. tuatha macrumors regular

You should have read the replies to your other post before starting this thread. You've sort of missed the point...

3. Minimoose 360 macrumors 65816

Minimoose 360

lol nice video.

I think it's just a combination of a bunch of stuff, and is certainly NOT as detrimental to the use of the phone as everyone thinks.

4. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

5. Shorties thread starter macrumors 6502a

The arguments against the antenna issue have changed, as I replied in the other thread my video is to show that the issue with covering the black line doesn't effect everyone:

Mine does not!

6. tuatha macrumors regular

Shorties - the argument is that the antenna issue is affecting every phone BUT that the impact is lessened depending on your local signal strength.

Think of it like this:

Your phone has a minimum local signal strength at which it displays full bars. We'll call it 5

The interference from your hand has a negative effect on this. For the sake of argument, call that value -5

So if you're in an area where the signal strength is equal to or less than 5, you'll lose reception when you touch the antenna (because 5 - 5 = 0).

If you're in area where the signal strength is 10, your phone will still display full bars, despite the interference (because 10 -5 = 5 )

7. CashDude macrumors regular

Next time you're across town or somewhere else, give it another try. You might have a super strong signal in your room.

In my room, I have full bars, but when I hold the phone like you are and try the speed test, the bars drop to 2 and the speed test totally fails. When I hold the phone by my finger tips, I get over 1.5 MB (Mb or whichever it is).