Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sarah Hamilton

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 19, 2021
I am still testing to see what the best setup is for me. My HP monitor from Walmart, which I got during thanksgiving 2015 works flawlessly!

There is no bluetooth lag. There's no issues of flickering, not even one! The display isn't that sharp or great, but it's functioning fine. But my dell s2817q still fails and flickers.

I really wonder what the problem is but I'm quite amazed that my cheap monitor works fine. It's a TN panel just like my Dell.

Really strange sitaution.

I might end up staying on a 1920x1080 monitor

jerryk

macrumors 604
Nov 3, 2011
SF Bay Area
I am still testing to see what the best setup is for me. My HP monitor from Walmart, which I got during thanksgiving 2015 works flawlessly!

There is no bluetooth lag. There's no issues of flickering, not even one! The display isn't that sharp or great, but it's functioning fine. But my dell s2817q still fails and flickers.

I really wonder what the problem is but I'm quite amazed that my cheap monitor works fine. It's a TN panel just like my Dell.

Really strange sitaution.

I might end up staying on a 1920x1080 monitor
I think is it is the Dell monitor issue. The s2817q was a budget 4K monitor trying to do a lot for 2017.

I am pretty amazed at how well my mini looks on the ASUS PA279CV. Too bad I only bought one and had to move it to my production windows setup after testing on the mini. I am definitely thinking about getting another ASUS for the mini if they go on sale.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.