My watch keeps turning Mute on

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by MEJHarrison, Mar 30, 2018.

1. MEJHarrison macrumors 65816

I'm not sure how it's happening, but over the past month or so I've found my watch on Mute once or twice a week. The first few times I wrote it off an some accidental touch or something. But now it's happened enough times that I'm beginning to wonder what is going on. It doesn't seem possible that I've done this to myself repeatedly without realizing it. Is there anything else that would mute the watch? Am I doing something that might be switching it off without my knowledge? Or is this just a bug in the OS?

2. Blaine macrumors 6502a

Blaine

Just wanted to comment that this happens to me too.

3. MEJHarrison thread starter macrumors 65816

Sorry it's happening to you too, but what a relief to discover I'm not going crazy and others are seeing it too!

4. mk313 macrumors 6502a

Silent mode gets turned on when you silence a call (and possibly other alerts) by covering the screen with your hand. I wonder if your watch face is somehow getting covered when a call is coming in & the watch thinks you are trying to silence it.

5. MEJHarrison thread starter macrumors 65816

Interesting. I don't get many calls and when I do, I just ignore them. So it's quite possible this is what is happening. I don't cover my screen typically to silence the call just because I didn't realize that was an option. But that's not to say it didn't happen accidentally.