My Watch OS2 issues so far.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by LS3 POWER, Sep 21, 2015.

1. LS3 POWER macrumors 65816

LS3 POWER

Seems Apple has not polished this app to well: ( rebooted watch 3 times still no improvement )

1.Apps will not uninstall, on the phone selected a app to remove from watch, phone showed uninstalling and icon won't remove from watch.

2. For the first time I want to sync pictures to the watch to make custom picture watch faces, selected a small album of 8 pictures, there is a check mark next to the album and app on the phone shows the album as a synced folder, but pictures won't sync to the watch.

3. Apps just spin when I select one.

4. Battery is draining much faster, I typically take the watch off the charger at 7am and at night it's still around 55-65%. Since installing app I've dropped nearly 10% in just over an hour.

What issues are you all having?

2. sumsingwong macrumors 6502a

sumsingwong

Watch 0s2 may be indexing which is why it's not as responsive and battery is draining faster. Leave it alone for a few hours and let it do its thing even if you don't see anything happening. It's all in the background.

3. LS3 POWER thread starter macrumors 65816

LS3 POWER

I rebooted my phone and somehow that fixed issues #1 and #2, rebooting the watch didn't do anything but rebooting the phone did. Odd lol

4. LS3 POWER thread starter macrumors 65816

LS3 POWER

Forgot about that, just like iOS 9 last week. Thanks

5. waremaster macrumors 6502

6. LS3 POWER thread starter macrumors 65816

LS3 POWER

Mine rebooted I think twice on its own during the install

7. manincognito macrumors member

I've haven't had it long enough to notice any major problems yet except apps not loading but then a quick restart of the iPhone & watch has seemed to have fixed that...

8. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Mine was definitely indexing for about 30 minutes. Siri did not work, and there were a lot of hang-ups. If it a little bit of time.

9. LS3 POWER thread starter macrumors 65816

LS3 POWER

New issue lol, I have the timeout set for 70 seconds but even if I hold my wrist up and still, it still times out after a few seconds

10. jjlannoo Suspended

this is because you are playing with it more.

11. sumsingwong macrumors 6502a

sumsingwong

That's only meant for when you tap to wake the screen and not for wrist turn. If you turn wrist to wake, tap the screen (don't activate a complication) and it will stay awake for 70 seconds.

12. LS3 POWER thread starter macrumors 65816

LS3 POWER

13. RiddlaBronc macrumors 6502a

RiddlaBronc

And thats why I dont rush to download the latest and greatest. I give it a few days and or weeks to see what issues may arise. Always weary with new updatesz

14. Got the Shakes macrumors newbie

Huge battery drain here. I'm usually around 50% right now and after installing WatchOS 2 I was down to 6% about 20 minutes ago.

15. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

Give the battery a week. First 4-5 days my battery was awful with the GM. Come last week, my battery was lasting twice as long as 1.0.1. I use to go to bed with 40% left (7am-11pm). Now it's more like 60-70%. It's almost 6pm, so 11 hours in and I'm at 83%.

16. slester macrumors member

Repair it to fix battery. Haven't lost a single percentage point since I repaired an hour ago.

17. Got the Shakes macrumors newbie

What's weird is that I was on the GM for close to two weeks and the battery was great. I got a small 12.5 mb update today, which I assume was to patch whatever the critical bug was that delayed the release of OS 2 and my battery went way downhill after installing that.

18. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

Battery will always be worse the day of installing. No matter what device you own. There is a lot going on in the background after an install and just requires a lot more power. I don't judge battery life until 72 hours after an install, no matter if it's major or minor.

19. Jimmie Geddes macrumors 6502

Kind of annoying you're stuck in NightStand mode, tapping the display, digital crown, and side button do nothing.

20. Attirex macrumors 6502

My issue: can't get OS2 update to show up on phone. So at least you guys are ahead of me.

21. OCDMacGeek macrumors 6502a

OCDMacGeek

Exact same experience here on GM vs final. I hope this clears up.

22. Manhatn macrumors newbie

Has anyone noticed how ugly it looks when you respond to a message using dictation? It used to be the nice 3D waves like Siri on the watch. Now it's just white lines

23. LS3 POWER thread starter macrumors 65816

LS3 POWER

This morning I noticed when I unlock my iPhone it does not unlock my watch like it always has, I now have to enter the password into the watch, Thats annoying

24. NavySEAL6 macrumors 6502a

Mine has always worked like this. Make sure wrist detection is enabled.

Are native apps loading for you? I'm reading a lot of negative threads that are keeping me from updating.