My watch shipped but...

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Jb7734, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Jb7734 macrumors newbie

hey guys. I've been lurking in the watch section here for a few weeks and just finally made an account. On Friday I pulled the trigger on a 42mm SS with black classic buckle! I was super excited to see that it updated to preparing for shipment by Sunday night and shipped Monday morning. Then I checked the tracking and saw the attached "exception". What does this mean??? I'm hoping someone else has seen this on their tracking and can calm my nerves. image.jpg

2. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

It is absolutely normal. Be patient, you are almost there!

3. Jb7734 thread starter macrumors newbie

That's so good to hear! I know I shouldn't be complaining after how fast it shipped after I ordered. I've been reading how horrible the wait has been for some here!

4. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I can not blame you. I am waiting on my 2nd watch to be here in a week or two.

As far as yours, there is lots of paperwork that has to be just so before UPS is able to get it out of the country. Tracking is not so good until it gets out of China. Then when it hits stateside you will see it has to clear US customs but that should not hold it up. Tracking get way more accurate when it arrives stateside!

I know you are excited, just a little longer:)

5. eoblaed macrumors 65816

eoblaed

Yup. Normal customs foo that has to be gone through.

6. Jefe's MacAir macrumors 6502

7. Mac2me macrumors 6502a

The second entry does say it was released from the clearance agency in China. Should be back in the system on it's way to you soon. I got the same watch you ordered and absolutely love it. Won't be long now.

8. Jb7734 thread starter macrumors newbie

So there is an interesting development today. I checked the shipping status and it is back on track to be delivered tomorrow!!! Now the weird thing is that I checked my bank account and apple never charged me for watch! Last week when I placed the order they immediately authorized my card and put the 750 on hold. At some point they released the hold and never removed the funds from my account.

9. clg82 macrumors regular

is this your first time ever ordering anything from apple? on everyone of my iphone orders they always put a charge on my credit card to make sure the funds are there....and almost always after I receive the item a couple days later it comes out of my bank account....be patient....you really think apple would give you something for free?!?! LOL

10. Jb7734 thread starter macrumors newbie

Haha it actually is my first time ordering something from them online. I usually like to buy my apple stuff directly from the store. It just seems like they should take the money before they ship the thing in case there isn't enough money when they do charge it.

11. clg82 macrumors regular

you would think so but in my experience of ordering online that is how it's always been.

12. Jefe's MacAir macrumors 6502

13. clg82 macrumors regular

which one did you order and how long did it take to receive?

14. Jefe's MacAir macrumors 6502

I ordered the SS w/ blue leather band on June 2nd. It arrived today but was supposed to get here yesterday. I also had the same issue as the OP with it getting caught up in customs. Ordered my wife's SS Milanese the same day and hers arrived on Monday. It appears you can now get them in the Apple Store now.

[​IMG]

My Sport that I received June 1st after ordering April 10th, pre-order day.

[​IMG]