My watch suddenly stopped opening apps

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by viperGTS, Aug 24, 2015.

1. viperGTS, Aug 24, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2015

viperGTS macrumors 65816

I've noticed a weird issue on my watch and I'm not sure how to fix it. I first noticed it when I downloaded the app "Cash" about a week ago; it was stuck on "Installing" and it still is right now.

When I tried launching Twitter not too long ago, I got the message "Unlock iPhone to View" and this happens every time I try to launch an app that is already installed on the watch.

Messages still appear to be syncing and I am also receiving phone calls just fine.

Also, both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are enabled.

If anyone can help me in fixing this issue, I would really appreciate it. :)

2. hokiemas macrumors member

Have you tried restarting the watch? Most of the minor issues I've had have been solved by holding down the crown and side button to restart it.

3. viperGTS thread starter macrumors 65816

Still not working. :/

4. Wally© macrumors member

Wally©

Check the Apple Watch app settings on your iPhone...

Had a similar issue a couple of days ago...

Some of the 'mirror on watch' settings were gone or altered...

5. viperGTS thread starter macrumors 65816

How do I reach these? The only option i see is "Mirror iPhone" under the Airplane Mode settings.

6. Mascots macrumors 65816

Mascots

1. Unpair Watch, backup
    2. Re-Pair, restore

It's a pain, but this is the most straight forward solution for me. I had this issue not too long ago; I continually had few 3rd party applications that failed to install properly and were stalling new apps from installing/updating. None would launch (they were greyed out) or just a series of placeholders (even the iPhone said "Installing apps X...").

I only had to re-pair my watch that once and hadn't encountered that problem since.

7. viperGTS thread starter macrumors 65816

I was hoping it didn't have to come to this (woah, that sounds overly dramatic, lol). I already had to repair my watch because my contacts suddenly disappeared 3 days into owning the watch.

8. Mascots macrumors 65816

Mascots

I'd just do it quickly since you won't lose anything (except calibration data) and it could have been completed in the time since this thread had started ;)

But really, if restarting both your phone and watch make no difference, I'd probably just re-pair it since that seems to offer a fresh slate for syncing (which will most likely fix whatever is preventing a correct sync now, at least through my experience) and I empathize on how crappy it is to not use to a major part of the watch :|

9. Wally© macrumors member

Wally©

Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone...

Scroll down to look at each setting for every app installed...

Change accordingly...

You might wanna hard reset both your iPhone and your watch...

Hold crown+button down untill apple logo appears on watch...

Hold home+on/off button down untill apple logo appears on iPhone...

10. viperGTS thread starter macrumors 65816

Already restarted both devices, no dice. I'm going to have to restore.

Thank you, everyone. :)