My watch works fine and nothing is wrong with it

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by zacheryjensen, Apr 24, 2015.

1. zacheryjensen macrumors 6502a

zacheryjensen

I know I can't single handedly balance out the EXTREME bias forums like these have to the extremely tiny minority of people having problems, but, here is that little bit I can offer.

1. My taptic engine is perfectly fine
    2. I had no problems booting up my watch
    3. Apple Pay worked just fine today as I learned shortly after both wife and daughter begged for useless junk from the Disney Store
    4. Sounds are as loud as one would expect from the tiny speaker
    5. Notifications are working as expected in all regards (haptics, noise, receiving them under the correct conditions)
    6. Basically everything is working. I can't keep track of all the weird problems. Point is just that I got a perfectly normal watch with no problems, like probably 99% of everyone who ordered. Enjoy your watches, people who are still waiting and getting nervous from reading the problem threads.

2. Blacklabel34 macrumors 6502

3. sterl320 macrumors 6502

same here man. after a few hours of set up, downloads, syncs, & play, I've found no issues with it.

4. dearfriendx macrumors 6502

dearfriendx

5. danlovaj macrumors regular

So far so good and it's already been a nice experience to reply to messages.

6. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

That's what the Foxconn guy on the line told me. Hopefully it doesn't get messed up during shipping.

7. bnekic macrumors 6502a

bnekic

8. Pyro-pinky macrumors member

Apart from mine being delivered to the wrong address and being oppened and man handled by someone else mine too is fantastic.

9. sterl320 macrumors 6502

reeally?? I would have freaked.

10. Pyro-pinky macrumors member

I did freak but I've never had good luck so I took it in stride. The kid doing the delivers looked like he was having the worst day of his life. **** happens

11. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

I couldn't seem to wake mine from power reserve mode but other than that it's been great.

12. Domino8282 macrumors 6502a

Domino8282

The point is that people without problems rarely post, whereas people with problems (real or perceived) are quick to post. This can give the false impression that a product has major issues.

Kudos to the OP for taking the time to share this. I also have had almost no problems (other than some album artwork issues in the Music app that I'm sure is easily correctable).

13. gman36 macrumors regular

How did your apple pay work out? With my Apple Watch, I have to open up Passbook to make a payment. The watch does not automatically open it up when it is near the reader, like an iPhone 6 does.

No Problems over here!!

14. Eddie1984 macrumors newbie

Double click the side button I think to use apple pay.

15. sterl320 macrumors 6502

just double click the friend button.

16. zacheryjensen thread starter macrumors 6502a

zacheryjensen

I double-pressed the side button to activate Apple Pay as per the guide book. However, I did bump the screen against the reader and this actually canceled the apple pay mode, I guess it read it as a force touch or something. Anyway, did it again without bumping and it was fine. Actually, it seemed to process faster than Apple Pay on my phone and certainly was a lot less awkward even with two tries than using my iPhone 6 Plus to do Apple Pay.

I'm a fan. I use Apple Pay usually once a day or more in my daily routine so this is very welcome.

17. dearfriendx macrumors 6502

dearfriendx

Why create a new thread just to say hey it works as advertised? Doesn't make sense. Hey guys! My car runs great! Despite the Prius having gas pedal problems mine is working as it should be.

Just a waste of time as this reply is. Aw well I lose

18. gman36 macrumors regular

Ahhhh, I see, that is the trick! I totally forgot what to do, when it was time to shine today at whole foods...

19. MasterRyu2011 macrumors 65816

If you don't, please tell how good the battery life is. Give us a time that you start using it at 100% and a time that it's at 10% or less.

20. zacheryjensen thread starter macrumors 6502a

zacheryjensen

People are getting super anxious at all the problem reports and it helps none of these people to bury a contradictory position in a random thread. It is, in fact, a far more unique topic to consider in the context of this sub-forum. The fact that you're so confounded by it only acts as evidence.

:p

----------

Doing this once or twice, or even a few times is meaningless. After 6 months or so, when all of my habits around the device have been fairly well developed, then we'll see what battery life has been like.

I expect it will be fine, if not even abundant, considering how I intend/expect to use the device, though.