My Website launch!!!

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by jonjamesm, Feb 3, 2009.

1. jonjamesm macrumors regular

jonjamesm

Hey all -

would love to hear what everyone thinks about my website - It started off useing the Black Iweb template and then I modded it about -

I'd love to edit the header font - and possibly add some page transitions (fades... if anyone has any suggestions - or is that too 90's?)

perhaps even redesign into flash - but for now, this will do.

Anyway - let me know what you think?!

www.jjmcgregor.co.uk

2. detz macrumors 65816

3. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

iWeb does that when you use a non-standard font or apply any text effects (like drop-shadow). iWeb doesn't allow you to specify alternate fonts like CSS does.

4. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

Please don't redesign into Flash. It's a great tool and certainly has its place, but creating a whole site in Flash is a bad idea.

5. jonjamesm thread starter macrumors regular

jonjamesm

yeah the text/image thing is annoying, but whattcha gonna do?! I've no idea about CSS.

And I'd only want to redesign it into flash if and when I expanded into a ltd company - at the moment its fine, How you all finding the load time?

6. mariahlullaby macrumors 6502a

mariahlullaby

I've actually never used iWeb (not seriously anyway) but it seems from their response is that all you need to do is change the text to a web standard (Times New Roman, Georgia, Arial, Helvetica, Tahoma, etc) and it will display as text. I'd highly, highly recommend it -- right now, unless people know who exactly who you are and navigate to your web site, they're not gonna be able to find you for their projects because 90% of your keywords are in that CV image, which Google doesn't know exists. It may not seem like a huge issue now, but you might as well take the CV off of it's not in a standard format (a PDF would work even).

In any case, it looks great and so does your work! Good job!

7. torndownunit macrumors regular

Definitely one of the nicest iWeb projects I have seen. I am don't have the skills of some of the other people on here, but I agree about the font thing 100%.

8. jonjamesm thread starter macrumors regular

jonjamesm

Thanks for all the compliments! Great feedback - I've since edited the font on the CV so it reads as text.

It was in arial before - but when you add a colour it changes it to an image.

Pretty musch finished it now!

Thanks again.