My Wedding Movie Request

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Reality4711, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Reality4711 macrumors 6502

Reality4711

I have three files from my wedding 10 years ago. They were created on a Windows machine and up until now all I have needed to do is play the video for my own pleasure (no sarcasm intended).

My wife has asked for a small edited version, of her choosing to send in a Video card she is making for her relatives.

VIDEO_TS.VOB
    VTS_01_1.VOB
    wedding.avi

are the filenames/type. I have iMovie (never used) and sundry other photographic software.

How and with what do I do to get my wife what she wants? None of these files open in iMovie.

Suggestions Please. More info. if needed.

Regards Sharkey

2. WinstonRumfoord macrumors 6502

Check out a program called clipwrap. I cant recall if it is free or not, but I use it to "Rewrap" movie files into editing-friendly formats.

3. kohlson macrumors 65816

I would start with Handbrake (which also requires VLC) to convert to mp4, which is a format easily digested by iMovie. You can adjust for different quality settings, sizes, and so on.

4. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

MPEGStreamclip will also open those files, and then you can save them as Quicktime or mp4 which iMovie will accept.
    http://www.squared5.com

5. Boyd01 macrumors 68040

Boyd01

I agree, MPEGStreamclip should open them and you will see a number of export options. DV would be another format that iMovie can handle.

6. Reality4711 thread starter macrumors 6502

Reality4711

Thank you all for responding.

Is there a definitive method e.g.. which file should I use as as starting point and what would be the simplest workflow?

nb. QuickTime has always been a mystery to me.:confused::(

Thank you Sharkey

7. lighthouse_man macrumors 6502a

The VOB files are DVD format files. The video_ts file is a DVD content file which should be very small and you can forget about. I'd assume that the VTS_01_1.VOB and wedding.avi are two copies of the same thing unless you originally had two different edits. You can preview/watch both files in a free program called VLC. If they're the same, then work on th VTS file. Drag it into MPEG Streamclip and convert to a friendly format.