My Wedding photography advice

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Nakkoush, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Nakkoush macrumors newbie

Dear experts,
    I am new here and I appreciate any technical directives and advice that allows me to explain properly and check up with my wedding producer the way he is planning to film my wedding ceremony and its outdoor party in order to achieve the best possible HD / HDV crystal clear picture (hopefully a 1080p is now possible to film).

I am not a photographer but totally obsessed in looking for and watching the very best of the most known yet Blu-ray HD movies / (breathtaking) documentaries (such as the blu-ray BBC Planet Earth series) and even my home made taken footage with my modest “Canon VIXIA HG20 AVCHD” camcorder.

I use a blu-ray disk player and a WD TV live on a 65in plasma TV and a HD Mitsubishi projector (3.5m screen) to watch my HD medias.

Therefore to summarize:
    - The photography project to be filmed is my wedding.
    - The suggested cameras by my wedding producer (for the same budget) are: either the Sony HVR-Z7U HDV or the Sony DSR-400L DVCAM (knowing that the 400 is not and HD camera);

What could be the best directives and specifications (or minimum pre-check up from my side) toward my wedding producer (like the final output Video Format, Resolution, 3:4 or 16:9, or any other basic and vital specifications to agree about prior signing my contract); Again my concern is to ensure that what he is going to film and edit along with his team and HD cameras would give me a decent and satisfactory wedding video quality at least compared to my Canon HG20’s unedited footages taken with full resolution?

2. TheVidEditor macrumors regular

TheVidEditor