iPad My weird Safari problem, please help driving me crazy

Discussion in 'iPad' started by egeek84, Sep 5, 2013.

1. egeek84 macrumors 6502

egeek84

So I don't use my iPad that often and last night I thought I would curl up in bed with it and use it a bit before I went to sleep. I started going to websites in Safari and noticed right away that there would be a 10-15 second pause before it would go to any websites. Thinking that maybe it was just a fluke, I decided to restart my iPad but the problem persisted.

I then noticed the reason for the freeze up, it shows a bunch of bookmarks that I apparantly have yet I don't remember adding any of these (and theres a ton)

I've tried deleting cookies/history in safari options and also turning off icloud sync for Safari on ALL My devices including my iphone and ipod touch but it still comes back on my ipad (don't have this problem on my other iOS devices)

If anyone has any tips please let me know! Thank you so much.

Something I just noticed, while it loads up the bookmarks I see the spinning icon thingy at the top left, this leads me to believe that is indeed picking all these bookmarks up from iCloud somehow.

[​IMG]

----------

nevermind I think I just figured out the problem! I forgot I had iCloud set up on my windows computers and it was pulling all those bookmarks from IE even though I never added them! This is weird all around.

2. beautifulcoder macrumors regular

I see the fact you are still using Windows as the culprit of your problem

3. yeah macrumors 6502a

yeah

Don't forget Internet Explorer. :D:eek: