My weird sound situation

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by rip-the-jacker, Mar 19, 2015.

1. rip-the-jacker macrumors 6502

Hey guys,

I just got my new B&W P5 S2 headphones this morning. I am selling my old P5's today. My problem is that there is a slight difference from sound in the left headphone compared to the right...mabye for volume 60% / 40%.

Now when I play on my iPhone using Spotify the sound seems more even between the speakers..is it possible that the headphone jack on my MBA is damaged or something in some way?

Should I let Apple know or what advice you can give me wool deb much appreciated. Thanks guys...

RTJ

2. Meister Suspended

Meister

I would check the headphones with another device.

3. cruisin macrumors 6502a

cruisin

Check if the left/right balance is correct (settings > sound). There is a separate setting for headphones plugged in and just speakers so check both. I had a weird issue where the balance was changed to full left and I never changed it.

4. rip-the-jacker thread starter macrumors 6502

This was the problem, As Meister said I checked with another headset but the same problem was there, so the balance was wrong...this was because I installed an EQ a little while ago called BoomSound and it was set to default on the settings as 60/40 in the balance, thanks guys!

RTJ

5. Meister Suspended

Meister

Glad we could help! Enjoy the P5s. They are excellent headphones. :)