My "Welcome to OS X" Video

Discussion in 'macOS' started by maclover001, Sep 8, 2008.

1. maclover001 macrumors 6502a

maclover001

Just thought I'd share.

http://jh.slugabed.org:8000/osx-video/

Download "macvideo.mov".
    If you want a super-super-super hi-res version, download "macvideoHD.mov", it's almost a gigabyte :p

Posted this down at Mac-Forums.com and nothing but complaints, so feel free to insult it haha :) Just made it to kill boredom.

EDIT: Here it is on Vimeo: http://www.vimeo.com/1694995

2. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

Nice work. You show concrete examples of what makes OS X so easy to use. Very nice. The only spot that struck me as awkward was the "not so easy terminal" and "easy most of the time". I think I'd try to find another way to work that in but I wouldn't simply drop it.

You might consider uploading your movie to a server with decent bandwidth. Nobody is gonna bother looking at your hires version when your lores version is throttled at 57kbps and takes several minutes. At that rate, the 1 gig version would take 5 weeks to download. Flickr would host the lores version for free. Picasa would host both of them for free.

3. hob macrumors 68020

hob

I'd also recommend Vimeo.com with full HD support. I'll get back to you next month when the videos done downloading ;)

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

I think we are overloading your server, I'd consider posting it somewhere with serious bandwidth, YouTube even.

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

/me waits 15 min for low res....
    can't wait, seriously it sounds decent.

6. maclover001 thread starter macrumors 6502a

maclover001

I'll try Vimeo.
    When I made my first video I uploaded it to YouTube and it was just too blurry.

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

The text could use some work...such as "Easy finding", I would say "easy searches". Honestly, it pretty much looks great. I'm impressed. I would probably kill the "most of the time" at the end, fix the skewed apple logo @ the end, and kill the "not so easy terminal". I mean, the fact is you'd want to highlight all things easy.

Also, on photo management, what is way more impressive is a screen shot of the "events". Showing those nice rounded-cornered photos and such.

Just saying, not trying to be crude. I really did like it and the music was pretty great. Good work.

8. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

Nice work, was a couple of things that need to be different but jessica mentioned those