my White iPhone exhange experience

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by joebokeh, Aug 12, 2008.

1. joebokeh macrumors member

Mine has no cracks.. But it has the light leak by the volume rocker.. Which is actually ok with me.. Until dust started to creep in.. I have at least 8 particles which I can see clearly with no specials angles of light ...

So I go to exchange.. Made an appointment.. Waited my turn and showed my problems to the tech... I explained my situation just how I explained here.. I made sure I mentioned the light leak possibly leading to the dust creeping in...

He wipes my phone.. Looks over it really hard.. And claims to not see anything .. Great... So I kindly ask to show it to others to see if they see anything... He went to the back room.. Came back like 10 min later and says no one sees anything... It's really odd cuz I can see the dust from 2 feet away without havin to strain like he was.. I was like you don't have to look that hard.. It's right there.. He said he thinks they are "scratches" on the glass... By then I was pretty disappointed that he was playing this game with me but I never rose my voice... I knew there are no scratches on the glass cmon.... How can you even compare the two.. I told him to keep looking and he went to the back room 3 times tryin to do whatever he was doing...

Anyways... It wasn't till the last time he came out that he just said he doesn't see anything when I said "even if you don't see the dust, doesn't light leaking warrant a replacement?"

He then proceeded to do the exchange... Which he claimed to have no stock of so I have to do the hour drive again when they get them in... So cool... I feel ok with that but the whole experience wasn't that great...

I have soMe concerns though... I have a work order here... I see a line where the tech was supposed to sign without a signature.. There is no name of the person I dealt with... I spoke to a friend that had done an exchange and he said there was a name on his work order but no signature either... The tech told me my phone would come in on mon (yesterday) and I would get a call... No call yet... I even called yeterday to see what's goin on and they just said there are phone yet...ok I'll wait... No biggie it's not like my phone doesn't work... I'm planning to call again, but only give my repair order number and see if they could tell me my name just to see if I'm "in the system"... I feel like when I first called, I gave too much info and they got back to me with a bs answer...

Paranoid a little maybe??? Yes I even agree to that but there's reason for it...

I'm not bashing apple or the tech I spoke with... Just sharing my experience with the process bcause I've read some posts here on how smooth their exchanged was..

I bet if I was a hot girl, things would have been much smoother...might have even gotten a nice massage while waiting...

Another concern is why was it such an ordeal? I really feel bad even returning it in the first place but I feel robbed when my friend has a flawless iPhone and we paid the same amount of money... Am I being outrageous??? I really don't like dust in my screens...

2. Trajectory macrumors 6502a

Dust getting under the glass definitely warrants an exchange because it's a manufacturing defect.

3. joebokeh thread starter macrumors member

so then why did I have such a hard time? I highly doubt he didn't see the dust... It's really not that hard to see... And he kept goin to the back room when there was another tech right next to him... And other employees on the floor... He could have asked any one of them to take a second and look... It's not surgery...takes like 4 secs to take a peep

4. markgamber macrumors 6502

Because he's a stuck up prick. It's not like that's a rarity in Apple. Or AT&T. Personally, I drive over an hour to Philadelphia when I have to deal with Apple because the local store employees are nothing short of unbearable, smug, self-righteous ******s. And that IS being kind.

5. joebokeh thread starter macrumors member

so Youre saying that it's the tech that does the final ok? And not some manager in the back?

6. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

so...you're not a girl? Why do you have a white iPhone?

7. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Half the white iPhones in the world were sold to men just like some men prefer white MacBooks.

8. joebokeh thread starter macrumors member

I actually very much prefer the white over the black... I think the black actually looks bad...

But that's off topic...

9. slicecom macrumors 68020

Wrong. 86% of white iPhones were sold to women.

In related news, 94% of statistics are just made up.

10. hierobryan macrumors 6502a

It's probably because he's a lazy *****bag. He was going back there to bitch and moan and slack off before returning to display his "genius" powers over the many little Apple consumers.

:rolleyes: Are you 10 years old? You probably think girls have cooties, too, right?

11. cohenspire macrumors member

Because since Apple's rebirth with the iMac most of their products have come in the classic white motif. In fact my mighty mouse i'm using right now is the same white as my beautiful classic apple white iPhone. I think the weirdos went with black! Apple only up until recently started producing black products and even then only few people bought them in the grand scheme of things...till the new 3g iPhone of course.