My white macbook got stolen, last generation, what should I get?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Fred87nc, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Fred87nc macrumors member

I went to the store, and saw that there was a delay in the touchpad for the aluminuim macbook, I dont know whats up with that. or if it was only that certain computer that was on display. I had the last whitemacbook. But I dont see much of a difference with the white one. except looks

2. spork183 macrumors 6502a

spork183

What should u get?

http://adeona.cs.washington.edu

and put it into that brand new macbook 2.0 aluminum, or 2.4 if you have the coin. :D white case is no where near as sturdy...

3. Fred87nc thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, ill put it in my new macbook. but it got stolen In mexico when I got carjacked. it was in my 06 nissan xterra.

Wheres the cheapest place to get a macbook?

4. spork183 macrumors 6502a

spork183

refurb or education pricing. If it isn't in the refurbs now, track it for a couple days, it will show up.

5. gerbilbox macrumors regular

I'm so sorry to hear. My first generation MacBook was actually stolen recently too (along with other stuff) so lately I've also picking over the details between the white or the aluminum MacBook.

The key differences are:

White (advantages over the aluminum MacBook)
    Firewire
    Display isn't as glossy
    Mini-DVI port easily looks up to an older TV with the right adapter
    Less expensive

Aluminum (advantages over the white MacBook)
    Aluminum body should be more durable (plastic MacBooks have had some issues)
    Faster RAM
    Reviews show that it has a little less battery life
    Bright LED backlight display
    DisplayPort supports future monitors, unfortunately most of them don't exist yet.
    Huge multi-touch trackpad
    Light sensor that dims the screen if the room gets dark
    Base configuration has a larger hard drive.
    Louder speakers
    Supports the built-in mic from the iPhone headset

I think that covers the bulk of the differences, so see what's important to you.

I'm personally going for an aluminum MacBook (not for another month, I'm not made of money) since I can force myself to live without Firewire and easy connectivity to an old TV. I personally love the LED backlight, multi-touch trackpad (I haven't noticed any delays that you've found), the solid aluminum construction and the louder speakers.