My wireless connection is not working

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by fstigre, Mar 20, 2010.

1. fstigre macrumors regular

fstigre

Hi,

I have been using my Macbook wirelessly for over a year now and never had a proble before until this morning when I was surfing the internet and for some reason it asked me for my WEP key which was not a problem because after entering it my wireless connection started working again, but after a while it stopped working again but this time it didnt ask me for the WEP key in fact the wireless icon has the check mark as it would be working but its gray out.

I know it is not the router because my other laptop is working fine.

Any idea what could be wrong?

Oh, the internet works fine if I connect it to a wired connection.

Thanks

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

3. fstigre thread starter macrumors regular

fstigre

First of all thank you for your reply.

I see the one that says, "Connection Warning".

I tried connecting to a different wireless network (in my sisters house) and it worked just fine.

EDIT: I have also changed my routers channel(used iStumber to identify unused channels around my wireless) but no luck.

Thanks

4. JediMeister macrumors 68040

If you don't get a password prompt anymore that means that your Keychain Access application is autofilling one. The connection warning icon suggests that the password that was last saved is likely incorrect. If you open Keychain Access and delete the saved password, manually rejoin the network, and supply a valid password, you should be good to go.

5. fstigre thread starter macrumors regular

fstigre

6. fstigre thread starter macrumors regular

fstigre

Hi,

I just found out that I cannot open the security panel so I'm wondering if this has something to do with the problem I'm currently experiencing.

This is the message I get when I click the Security icon in the System Preferences.

Any idea?

Thanks a lot

7. fstigre thread starter macrumors regular

fstigre

Did a complete restore from Time Machine from a few days ago and it solved the issue.

Thanks