My wireless gone crazy after cleaning!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by markzoi, Feb 23, 2012.

1. markzoi macrumors newbie

Hi two days ago I decide to clean my dirty keyboard wireless (1 years of life) from my iMac 27"... I use a humid sponge and rub on top of all keys till they turn whiter ... they did... then I drayed all well (no water went inside)

(maybe my mistake was to I clean all while the keyboard was on .....rubbing quickly all the keyboards)

went back to my iMac the keyboard connect get insanely crazy mad all my mac go crazy if i type i se a sort of this "8666667474dusdfn£ùùù" the it open all preferences volume and more...

I delete the keyboard from bluetooth list and when i try to reconnect it ask for the code numbers that unfortunately I can't insert anymore the keyboard seems still crazy so any number i push will not match ...

Do you think is broken forever? any way to reset it? :eek:

I left one day without battery, i change battery....

2. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

Turn it off, remove the batteries and let it dry for a few days. If it still doesn't work, it might be time to get a new one.

3. markzoi thread starter macrumors newbie

So from what I understand the keyboard has an internal Battery or chip memory that it might be busted.

So time might be reset it ... and the warm might dry some possibility of water inside...

Ok I will keep if off from battery and on top of my radiator for few days and see what happening.

Curiosity:
    So from what I understand the keyboard has an internal memory since they remembering the imac they are associate with, but if I want to associate to another mac there will be a chance to reset this memory .... or how do I tell to the keyboard to go to another mac?

thank you

mark

4. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

5. markzoi thread starter macrumors newbie

sucess!

Ok today I put back batteries and log on my imac the Keyboard is finally went back to work fine.

So dry well and let it off from power is the solution of the problem.

Thank you Again hope this page will be useful to all have not yet found a solution to this problem ;)

6. John T macrumors 68020

John T

And the moral of this story is: Water (however little!) and electronic equipment just don't mix.