My wireless magic mouse won't scroll

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by roisin and mac, Apr 15, 2010.

1. roisin and mac macrumors 6502

Hi there, I just received a used magic mouse that I bought, and it paired alright in terms of whether the machine (macbook late '07, running 10.5.8) recognizes it and I click just fine (both primary-button and secondary-button), but I can't seem to get it to scroll, in any direction. Am I missing something or was this just somebody offloading their faulty mouse on me?

Thanks for the help!

2. Bennieboy© macrumors 65816

Bennieboy©

have you downloaded and installing the software update regarding the magic mouse touch and swipe?

3. roisin and mac thread starter macrumors 6502

aaah, no I haven't :p do you know where I could find that please?

4. Bennieboy© macrumors 65816

Bennieboy©

see the attached screenie lol

Attached Files:

5. roisin and mac thread starter macrumors 6502

d'oh :)

okay. I should TOTALLY have thought of that! god, that's embarrassing lol.

In my defense, I have my lil guy set to check for updates daily, and had already downloaded one earlier today. But it was before I paired the magic mouse, so I guess the system had no reason to look for that particular update :)

Thanks for the help! If noone had replied I probably would have contacted the ebay seller and looked like a total doofus haha. Instead I only looked like a doofus on macrumors, but that's okay, we're all one big happy family here (well except for the politics forum, but that IS kind of an enter at your own peril zone lol)