my wireless problem with my new mac pro!!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by alam, Oct 9, 2008.

1. alam macrumors regular

alam

hello everyone

i've just bought my new mac pro, i'm very happy with it's performance, but there is 1 small little tiny problem, i've ordered my mac pro with wireless card, but my wireless connection is very slow :mad:, every web page i open it take minutes to open, before i had an iMac, the wireless connenction was super fast, then i've sold it to my dad :D, but my new mac pro is very slow, mention that it's in the same room and in the same place my imac was.
    i've check my bluetooth, i've send and receive some files with my bluetooth to my moblie, it was great, but when i copy files from my brothers computer it was slow and then it stucks :confused:, with my imac this never happens.

i opened my mac pro to check the wireless card and i found this:-
    antenna 1 was in the bluetooth card.
    antenna 2 was in the upper wireless card.
    antenna 3 was in the lower wireless card.

the weird thing i've found is that my speed connection it goes fast and then is goes slow then fast then slow, it's not stable, another weird thing is that my wireless speed is slow then when i press the wireless bars it goes fast then it returns slow again.

this is a really lousy service from apple to make the wireless card as optional :mad:, it's really unfair i mean it is the most powerfull mac ever and wireless is not included :confused:

one more question, is there a difference between the wireless card in the imac and in the mac pro?

thanks

Attached Files:

2. iGrant macrumors 6502a

iGrant

My Dad had a similar issue with his Mac Pro and it turned out to be a simple problem with the wireless router. What wireless router do you have? I need to know so I can help you fix this problem.

Thanks
    iGrant

3. alam thread starter macrumors regular

alam

apple airport card with a/b/g/n, it's from apple

4. iGrant macrumors 6502a

iGrant

Sorry I meant the router, is it an Apple Airport Extreme or is your wireless router something else?

Thanks
    iGrant

5. alam thread starter macrumors regular

alam

yes it's an apple extrem wireless, but the other computers are working 100%

6. iGrant macrumors 6502a

iGrant

Well that blows my theory. My dad's computer was in the basement with the other computers and router upstairs, I just adjusted one of the antennas to also go straight out of the router instead of both of them pointing up.

How far way are is your Mac Pro from your Airport Extreme base station?

-iGrant

7. alam thread starter macrumors regular

alam

woow, and it's reaching your dad's mac pro :eek:
    my mac pro us 15 meters far, my apple reseller told me to chande the antena to:-

antenna 1 goes to the top of the wireless
    antenna 2 not connected
    antenna 3 goes to the bottom of the wireless
    BT goes the the bluetooth

and it worked, i don't know if thats right? is it???