My worries about Preordering & Launch

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by campingsk8er, Sep 11, 2014.

1. campingsk8er macrumors 6502

Okay here's my issue and I need some help:

I actually really like going to launches (I've been to four while I've been first in line for three of them). I don't know, call me crazy but I think they are fun.

My worries this year with how it seems they are doing preorders and the in store pick up option and reservations, I'm worried that im gonna go wait in line for however many hours I do, and then I'm not even gonna be able to get one. I don't want to preorder and I don't think I can.

Do you think they have separate stock for in store launches and preorders or is it all coming from the same pool?

2. bryancee macrumors regular

I was in the same boat, which is why I am staying up until 3AM to pre order. This is my first time as I usually go on launch day. I feel that they won't have as much stock considering all the hype this phone got. Better safe than sorry!

3. kds786 macrumors regular

kds786

I normally went on launch day up to the 5. I preordered it. Launches are fun, but I only really have the choice of the ATT store or Walmart. I did Walmart with the 4 and was the only one there up to about 6 am. By the time they released it at 8, I got mine and the guy behind me got his. That was all they had--2. So, I decided I'd rather preorder from then on in case I wasn't first in line, :)