My XBox360 hi-jacked my Mac?!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by haravikk, Dec 17, 2008.

1. haravikk macrumors 65816

This issue has me completely baffled!

So the situation is this; I was playing Mass Effect on my XBox 360, when I decided to try signing into XBox Live, it failed with an error. So, I went into the connection tester which should have closed Mass Effect. So, I went through the steps of testing the connection when to my surprise I started hearing a partial loop of Mass Effect's ambient music (for those who know the game I was standing on the Normandy's bridge when I exited, this is the loop that played). I assumed it was just an issue with the new XBox 360 interface update not closing the game properly...

...at least I thought that until I switched off my XBox 360! To my surprise the sound kept playing, it is actually playing out of my computer speakers! Now, my XBox 360 shares my computer's internet connection via one of the ethernet ports on my mac pro. However, the speakers are not shared (that I'm aware of), they use a Griffin Firewave so my XBox 360 can't use them, so it's stuck using my TV's speakers.

I'm completely unable to find the source of the weird looping music though, I don't see any unusual processes or anything like that, I'm going to restart my machine now, assuming it will fix it.

But I'd like to know if anyone else has experienced this, because it would be great if I could take advantage of it somehow and have my XBox 360 use my computer's speakers!

2. madog macrumors 65816

madog

Your machine sounds possessed. Give it whatever it demands and then run away, never to return.