Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 5, 2005
Well, the year is almost over. Games I have played:

- Demon's Souls: A few hours in, made it to the second boss. Still struggling with the fact that it contros much slower and chunkier than Bloodborne or DS3.

- Miles Morales: Played quite a bit just to enjoy my new PS5. Ultimately a very shiny but very forgettable game. Need to sell the disc.

- Mass Effect Remaster: Put quite a few hours into ME1. Still lots to go though. They did a good job with the Remaster!

- Burnout Paradise Remaster: Picked this up again, inspired by Forza Horizon 5 and my lack of an X-Box. Still my favorite racing game, and I got the platinum trophy a second time. (First time was on PS3.)

- Far Cry 6: A few hours in on PS5. It looks pretty, it's fun, it doesn reinvent anything. Classic Far Cry game, which is a good thing for me.

And that is actually all the gaming I have done this year. Between working on the new house, working and raising two small children, this actually isn't bad. :)

What have you been up to?

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
The Last Of Us 2- One of the best titles and storylines generated, and it was outstanding on every level.

Resident Evil: The Village- Probably the most intricate and detailed R.E. to date and had so many twists and turns, and very well played out with the storyline. Graphically, was very impressive. Navigating to different parts of the village was interesting, it was never the same setting, from the castle, to the fields, the haunted house, the dungeon, the mill, etc. Capcom is one of the most underrated developers and never received enough credit like they should and this game was at the top.

Microsoft Flight Simulator- As a kid (Which even in my early 30’s, I still am😁), I always wanted to be a pilot. And I never thought there be a time in the gaming industry, where you bring a sense of a digital world that is so real, you literally can control almost every facet of the airplane with cockpit controls, from the challenges of takeoff, weather patterns, landings, terrain, absolutely amazing to see a layered 3-D world so specific with detail of live-mapping, it brought that to life thanks to Asobo, Shark A.I and Microsoft direct to my Series X.

The audio is absolutely insane in this game, and you can hear so many different levels of sound dynamics with the plane, that it mimics the identity of a true Boeing 777 or Airbus A320, it just doesn’t real, but it is.

As for life? No kids here, but we had amazing vacations in Florida this summer, drove some fast cars from the garage (When we had warmer weather), had a week long cabin get-away up north on a lake with some close friends, however; most importantly, staying healthy being a priority thanks to modern science and being able to access gyms is something I love to do with weightlifting.

Happy Holidays.

Last edited:
Reactions: Macalicious2011

wonderings

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2021
Bought the Miles Morales game on a Black Friday sale digital edition. I don't have a PS5 yet as you just can't get them here yet. Fun game but very glad I did not buy at full price. Feels like a DLC add-on. Not a fan of the suits either. Fun while playing but definitely not long enough.

Assassins Creed Valhalla. This is the first AC game I have not finished. The open world just feels so lifeless. I have been ruined by Red Dead which makes all the other open world games really look like indie games when it comes to how real the world feels with detail and dialogue.

Bought Watch Dog Legion also on sale for the digital edition, again wanted to be able to play on the PS5 when I finally get one. The game is ok, love the idea but like Ubisoft just never seems to be able to take it to the next level. Still playing this one though and enjoy the AC tie in.

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
I’ve played the following:

- TLOU2: best title of the year overall.

- Metro 2033: I give it a 6/10.

- Alan Wake Remaster: currently playing.

- Wolfenstein 2: currently playing.

- Horizon Zero Dawn: great story but not my kind of game. Very tedious to walk from one place to another, despite the fast traveling.

- Wolfenstein Last Blood: good but not better than the first one.

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007
Only played a few games in 2021. For rogue likes / lites, I played Hades and Curse of the Dead Gods.

Played a bunch of Bloodborne (currently stuck on Martyr Logarius), Dark Souls: Remastered (finished both endings a few times), and Sekiro, which I currently cannot stop playing.

Currently, my 2017 15” MBP is a Sekiro machine. I can get 60FPS at 1680x1050 resolution. 1080p drops frame rate to mid 40s. Finished the game a couple of times at 1080p, but it’s much easier to play at the steady 60FPS res.

ackmondual

macrumors 68020
Dec 23, 2014
U.S.A., Earth
For consoles, I've played the following, all for Switch...
Super Mario Odyssey
New Super Mario Bros. Wii U Deluxe
Zelda: Breath of the Wild

MacRazySwe

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2007
With work taking up a lot of time, I don’t have so much time to play anymore. I did however receive an Xbox Series X for my birthday which brought a lot of joy to these cold winter months.

- MS Flight Simulator was really cool. The first real “next-gen” experience for me personally.
- Forza Horizon 5 quite fun, but a bit too arcade-y for me. Looking forward to FM8!
- Call of Duty Vanguard is keeping me busy right now. Enjoying it a lot!

Edit: After all the praise for FH5 in the XSX-thread, I decided to spend some more time with it yesterday. It started by downloading a 20GB update. I don’t know if that had anything to do with it, but I spent a good amount of time in Career mode and it’s bloody amazing, I have to say! Graphics are stunning And the physics are not as arcade-y as I remembered.

Last edited:

Gamersoftdyzzie

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2022
Denver, Colorado
So, this year I had a lot going on but was still able to play a number of games:

Ghost of Tsushima: Fantastic game! Beautiful world, great characters, an enjoyable and gripping story. The multiplayer mode was also awesome and incredibly fun. It has become one of my favorites.

Persona 5: My first Persona game. I loved it to bits. The social/life simulation aspect was fun albeit sometimes overwhelming with its options. The dungeons and the gameplay were incredibly fun and downright addictive.

Currently playing: Hades (PS4): So, in the past two months I've been playing Hades (over 30 hours now) and I'm still having a blast playing it. I managed to escape after like 20 attempts and it was one of the best feelings I had in relation to games. It's my first rogue-like and I'm having a lot of fun trying out boon combinations and the different weapons and getting better upgrades with every run.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.