My youtube video on Macventure series (Deja Vu, Shadowgate, etc.)

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by mattbarton.exe, Jul 25, 2009.

1. mattbarton.exe macrumors newbie

Hi, everyone. Those of you who are nostalgic for the days of classic Mac gaming might enjoy my new video on ICOM Simulations' "Macventure" series, which includes Deja Vu, Uninvited, and Shadowgate. Please check it out and let me know what you think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNW1C3EYMnE

Thanks!

Matt :D

2. Paulyboy macrumors 6502

Those were the days! Those were great games. I actually knew somebody that worked at ICOM Simulations back in the day and he told me they had actually planned a 5th "MacVenture" called "The Awakening" which centered around Jack the Ripper in modern day London. The game had been virtually completed but the plug got pulled on it at the last minute for some reason that I can't remember (Perhaps something happened to Mindscape, the publisher, or ICOM Simulations themselves?). At any rate it was a real shame.

On another note wouldn't these games be perfect fits for the iPhone/iPod Touch? :)

Thanks for the video! :)

-PN

3. mattbarton.exe thread starter macrumors newbie

Macventures

I wonder if some of those ideas got used in the Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective game? I haven't played it much, but it did look like a pretty radical departure from the Macventure interface.

I agree that these would be great on the iPhone/iPod. It'd be interesting to see how the multitouch capability could affect the interface.

Thanks for watching and commenting!