My Zagg Story (Spoiler: They Suck!)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by bigbro1096, Mar 2, 2011.

1. bigbro1096 macrumors 6502a

I got the side skins free from Best Buy's reward zone, which I was happy about. That was back in July, forward to January my phone dies so I go to Apple and get a replacement phone, but the employee didn't give me my skins back. Well then I went to Zagg and explained myself and they said they'll replace the sides once for the price of shipping, which once again I was okay with. I received the sides and emailed them one more time to clarify I will not be charged full price and told I would not be charged. Come yesterday I got an email saying that I have 30 days to return the original skins or I'll be charged full price which is $13.99 for stupid side skins! If they charge me I will raise hell! What do youthink I should do now? (I know $13.99 isn't much, but that money would have to come out of my iPhone 5 funds.)

2. obyte macrumors regular

just call or email. Do you have an email chain confirming all this?

3. njaremka macrumors 6502

it is very rare for a company to offer warranty replacements without a return of the old / defective product. so, while you are having issues getting a replacement at no cost to you, i would hardly fault zagg for this experience, nor would i fault the apple employee for not returning the side shields from the old phone. i would fault you for not getting the old side shield from the other phone, or perhaps not getting documentation concerning the replacements from zagg.

4. wildrage macrumors member

I would totally, 100% fault ZAGG. They told him that they would do something and they didn't. Open and shut. I don't care if they didn't 'have to' do it, they said they would. I don't care if they told a customer that they would send them an ice cream sundae and they didn't, they would still be at fault.

5. rwd hero macrumors 6502

You say you have emails from Zagg, I'm sure that's all the proof your going to need. In my experience, Zagg has been really good with customer service. Keep this thread updated, I would love to hear what they do for you.

6. AppleTecFan macrumors 6502

AppleTecFan

My iPhone 4 was recently stoenle and I did get it back but without any of my zagging shields I got a case friendly for the front and a back protection I bought case friendly and a full body protection all together retail $40 (around)
    I went to the live chat and told them my story and I got everything replaced just had to pay for shipping no shipping my old shields because I did not have them anymore lol

Just go to zagg.com and it will say near the top live chat and click on that

7. Vick84 macrumors regular

Vick84

zagg has good customer service..just add "zaggchick" on facebook and explain to her and she will help you out.

8. bigbro1096 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well I emailed them and their answer was ambiguous, but I did have to explain myself for a third time. I'll update more later, and yes they didn't have to give me a replacement, but they said they wouldn't charge me so that's what I'm expecting and it's only right if they fulfill their promise.

9. bigbro1096 thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's exactly what I did the first time and was guaranteed not to be charged and now look where I am. Reply if you end up getting the same email as I did.

10. AppleTecFan macrumors 6502

AppleTecFan

I do not recall getting it,but just to be sure go into live chat again and make sure because im pretty sure its automated the messages .

11. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

I absolutely HATE Zagg as a company. Hate. Every time I've dealt with them, their customer service sucks and they rarely answer the phone, and they take 2-3 days to respond to email. And their products are crap and are way overpriced.

Anyway, I requested a replacement InvisibleShield for my MacBook Pro, got it early Febuary, shipped my old one back, no biggie. Figuring they're already long processed and received my old shield, I forgot all about it. Last week I received an email from those bastards saying my credit card was charged for the full price of $54 because they processed my return on 2 days late. WTF...I'm sorry your company is so slow to process things. I called (twice, the first time the phone lines were closed for a company activity. Ooh yay company picnic! :rolleyes:) and raised hell and they stated they're going to refund me and that it will take up to two weeks to do so. Seriously? My local Home Depot processes refunds quicker than that. In the meantime, I'm in the hole $54 dollars for a few cruddy pieces of thick, sticky Seran wrap.

Will never buy another product from Zagg. All of the stuff they sell is honestly overpriced, cheap BS.