My Zagg vs Ghost Armor first impressions

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by LoneWolf121188, Jul 23, 2011.

1. LoneWolf121188, Jul 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2011

LoneWolf121188 macrumors 6502a

I've been using Zagg since I got my iphone 4, but I've had so many problems and replaced it so many times (5+) due to it peeling off from the corners I finally gave up and tried something else. I put the Ghost Armor on a few hours ago...a quick list below outlines my thoughts, for anyone interested in trying something different:

Zagg:
    • Pro: Comes with spray, no need to make your own application solution
    • Pro: Fingerprints don't really stay and are easy to wipe off
    • Neutral: Somewhat tacky/rubbery feeling. Could be good or bad, depending on personal preferences.
    • Con: Slides around on the device after some use, edges are prone to peel off
    • Con: Orange peel texture visible
    • Cons: Turns yellowish after some use

Ghost Armor:
    • Pro: Seems to adhere better to iPhone, seems "solid". Doesn't feel like it'll peel off.
    • Pro: Cut better/more precicely
    • Pro: No orange peel visible
    • Neutral: Feels less rubery, more plasticy
    • Con: Have to make up your own application solution
    • Con: Perhaps blocks some light? Maybe it's just me, but I had to turn the brightness up slightly to get the same brightness as with the Zagg
    • Con: MAJOR fingerprint magnet. Fingerprints don't really wipe off well either, just smear around

So far, I definitely like the Ghost Armor better than the Zagg, minus the fingerprint situation.

2. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

Based on your comments about each shield, it seems like the Zagg is the better of the 2. My friend has the ghost armor and I have a Zagg and he wants to switch because he likes mine more.