my3G AND 3G Unrestrictor

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mac&cheesey, Aug 18, 2010.

1. mac&cheesey macrumors 6502

I currently have my3G installed on my jailbroken iPhone4. However, I sometimes (not always) encounter the problem where I can only FaceTime for one minute before it terminates on 3G.

I have read some reviews that say 3G Unrestrictor is a better app.

So, since I have already payed for my3G I don't really want to uninstall it. Can I have both my3G and 3G Unrestrictor on my phone at the same time and not have them interfere with each other? If I can, how can I choose which app is responsible for fooling the 3G/wifi at which time?

Do I have to choose one? Or can I have both on my phone at the same time and alternate between them when I want/need to?

Thanks in advance,
    m&c

2. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

It's not possible to have both My3G and 3G Unrestrictor on your phone at the same time. Your phone will automatically remove 3G Unrestricor If you install My3G and vice versa.

3. nsbe1 macrumors member

weird. i've got both on my ip4 :eek:
    i can have a screenshot up if it's really a big deal.

4. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

What's the point of keeping my3g on your phone if there's no advantage to having it on there?

5. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

that must be new or something but I got both running on my phone, and no issues. that said, My3G was installed using Rock while 3G U was installed using Cydia.

to the @OP I got both running and no issues, My3G never work for me on HD youtube, so I installed 3G unrestrictor and works perfect.

6. mac&cheesey thread starter macrumors 6502

update

I installed 3G Unrestrictor to check it out. It automatically uninstalled my3G. I reinstalled my3G and it, in turn, uninstalled 3G Unrestrictor.

I'm trying 3G Unrestrictor for now but, to be honest, I don't really see any difference in the performance. I tried a FaceTime call over 3G today with 3G Unrestrictor (to an iPhone 4 running 3G Unrestrictor) and, while it was tolerable it was not great.

m&c

7. Jeenyusp macrumors newbie

give me a shout with it im dying to try my facetime no one that i know has the iphone 4 and ive had it since july 30th on the canada release date :'(