My3G Battery Question

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Snowman3459, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Snowman3459 macrumors 6502a

Does My3G make a big difference in battery life? I'd love to use the app but I can't afford a huge battery drain

2. kuhroo25 macrumors member

I haven't noticed any difference in battery life, but I have only been jailbroken since yesterday morning.

3. thep33t macrumors regular

That is a tricky question. IF you use My3g to enable functionality you normally would not have used, then yes, your battery will drain quicker, however, just having it on there making no use of it will have no affect on your battery life

4. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

Use SBSetting and turn it off with ease when you're not using it should solve this issue.

5. Snowman3459 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I know you can set it to be used only on certain apps, but do the SBSettings shut it off all together? Even if you have individual apps selected?

6. Lefty29 macrumors newbie

Lefty29

Actually I believe the toggle is a quick switch turn to all apps in my3g to "on" (not sure and will have to verify). I have it set to off right now and it appears to still work with the app store.

7. gravytrain84 macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

This

8. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

I haven't used the most recent version of My3G but the SBSsetting toggle was to enable "all apps" or (when set to off) just to use the one on the list.

So setting to off doesn't disable it, it just disable the "all apps" function and default to the manually set list. Maybe this change on the lastest version.

Edit: here, I found my old SS... The off botton on the setting (my3G) is the same as the one on SBsettings, and when it was set to off it was using the manually sets list.

[​IMG]

9. Lefty29 macrumors newbie

Lefty29

Yep. Just verified but couldn't edit my post fast enough. :)

10. gravytrain84 macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

So you can just disable all apps and whenever you need my3G, just toggle all apps on temporarily..... problem solved.

11. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

:cool: I think this would help. I can't comment much on the battery hug, since I am not running My3G sorry.

I am running unrestrictor for FateTime (only) and I haven't notice any diference on battery life

12. gravytrain84 macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

What is the diff in unrestrictor and my3g?

13. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Functionally they do the same (enable usage of 3G for Wifi restricted applications), They are just from different developers, (and My3G currently require another app to be install with it - RockApp - for Licenses verification) however I am not sure how these two app handle this under the hood.