My3G causing phone to hang on apple logo straight after install???

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Ricer, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Ricer macrumors newbie

Have been using My3G with no problems whatsoever for about 2 months now, currently Im waiting on an official unlock to come via Apple & I restored the phone to 4.0.1 using Umbrella the other night with no problems, even got My3G installed again & everything was fine but the unlock had not yet come through

Then today I restored again, everything was fine till I went to reinstall My3G....after jailbreaking I went through the usual process in Cydia, the loading screen fires up & then asks me to reboot device, when I do the phone switches off, loads up the apple logo & then just hangs on that

iTunes can still see the phone & even tries to sync with it but the apple logo just still remains on the phone.
    I thought maybe it might justve been a dodgy install so tried again, but now after the 4th time of trying it keeps doing the same thing...I even tried restoring from a different backup before jailbreaking but still that has made no difference

Has anyone experienced anything like this?
    Im headed away on vacation soon & was depending on this to use Facetime to stay in touch with people at home so its important I get it working

2. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

I had the same problem. Installed my3g and the phone just stays stuck. I did it about 3 times til I finally gave up and stayed away from my3g

3. Ricer thread starter macrumors newbie

Nightmare!!

Have no idea whats causing it all of a sudden though...worked fine before & even the other day when I restored, just cant get it to load after installing now :mad:

4. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Yea I had a problem with my3g so I tryed reinstalling it but it hung up. So every time I went into cydia I was stuck on a repair screen so I decided to restore and since then every time I tryed reinstalling my3g it hangs up so I just gave up.

5. macsrcool1234 macrumors 65816

The stuff Intelliborn puts out is notorious for bricking phones. Get 3G Unrestrictor.