My3g or 3g Unrestrictor Though Cydia?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Gilly Gil, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Gilly Gil macrumors regular

Now that everything goes through Cydia, which of these 2 apps are better? I plan on using it for facetime, youtube, skype and dl ing apps bigger than 10mb in the app store. I have done search and plenty of results have come up but many disliked rock so it's kinda hard to tell which is actually the better app.

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Pretty much the same, I used both and they works great. I used to stay away from My3G because of Rock but that is no longer an issue. Flip a coin.

3. Gilly Gil thread starter macrumors regular

I saw that My3g has a trial periodl so i installed it. So far so good, It didn't specify how long the trial is though.

4. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

I prefer My3G....even when I had to have Rock.

S

5. chrisc983 macrumors member

I tried My3G several times and each time it broke Facetime for me. 3G unrestrictor worked for me the first time I tried it.

6. jplusc macrumors 6502a

I have not had a single issue with 3G Unrestrictor so it gets my vote.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

The exact opposite for me3:) 3Gunrestrictor messed up my facetime 3 times so far I never tried my3G yet.

8. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

Well, I have had an issue with FaceTime calls getting dropped after 1 minute. I don't really use My3G for FaceTime but maybe 3G Unrestrictor will fix that problem. What the heck, I'll buy it and give it a shot.

S-

9. Gilly Gil thread starter macrumors regular

So far so good with my3g when testing facetime and youtube vids. I was able to have a 4 minute call with a family member and it looked great, no issues. I was getting 4mb down and 1mb up before i made the call. def a great feature.