My3G won't uninstall?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Fallinin, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Fallinin macrumors newbie

So I just got my3g cracked from iwoowiz and it is causing to many problems like apps crashing or not connecting to my wifi at home so I want to uninstall. I tried deleting the app itself with cydelete but it says it didn't uninstall. So I goto cydia to remove from my packages and after I respring it's still there. Help?:confused:

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

How about you buy the app instead? Cracked apps screw up your iPhone.

3. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

The Cracked part is your problem, who knows what else you got bundel with that package, Keyloggers, Trojans, scanning worms.... I am sure by now all your personal data is all over the internet, and Your IEMI is being sold in the black market for clone Accounts.

I think you paid a higher price now that if you would have just buy the app. ;)

Good luck with that.

4. Fallinin thread starter macrumors newbie

I got it off now. Thanks for your help. And by your logic almost any app add-on or what have you from any source could potentially do what you described. Heck even jailbreaking could do that. Who knows when limerain or redsnow go rouge and steal all your personal info while jailbreaking occurs. And all just because you didn't want to pay for your apps. So the way I c it is if I have alredy risked it all on multiple cases what's too lose?:p

5. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

As I said, good luck with that, You are free to do as you wish. I just making a comment. I check everything I install on my iPhone I run checksum to make sure the deb is coming from the developer and I only installed trusted sources that have a good reputation.

6. kre62 macrumors 68000

Jailbreaking does not equal not paying for apps. I've paid for every one of my apps, and would never install a cracked app. Support the devs.

7. kennyuscg macrumors newbie

Hey Fallinin, I have the same problem. Every time I delete My3G and try using my internet or any app that uses the internet that freekin small My3G icon pops up and when I go to my springboard there's the app again, and my wifi doesn't work. When I go to cydia and check the packeges My3g isn't even there but its still on my springboard. How did you delete your?

8. photodanylo macrumors newbie

how did you remove it??

Fallinin, Thanks for post. HOW DI YOU REMOVE iWOOWIZ IN THE END?? Would help a tonne. Thanks in advance

- D

9. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

Well u r doing an illegal thing by pirating.jailbreaking is legal under DMCA
    Jailbreaking and piracy are different things.. Unfortunately dumb ppl are not aware of it
    Edit: just saw the date. My bad.

10. photodanylo macrumors newbie

ok great but I believe the answer has not been answered YET.

I'm trying to rectify the situation and remove iwoowiz and would love to know how!?

(i just downloaded it just to try it and realized very quickly that it was a big mistake) Please help. Thanks

11. ChickenWinner macrumors newbie

Wow look at you captain hindsight! How bout if you are going to write a response you write an actual response and not just what he should have done. And, anyway, half the reason that people jailbreak is so they don't have to pay more money to buy things.

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

The reason people JB is not to steal apps if that's what you imply.
    And PsstGreek was correct.
    When You try to install cracked apps then you might have problems with your idevice.

13. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

Where did you dig this up from must've been buried being a year old. Good job:p

I didn't see you help the OP either nor am I because piracy is bad. That's my hindsight:p