mybook external drive help!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by DemeanorRis, Oct 13, 2009.

1. DemeanorRis macrumors newbie

I purchased my mybook 500gb external harddrive the same day I bought my mac. One day I accidently unplugged it. Now when I plug it in into the usb hub, it won't pop up mybook icon on my screen. How do I get it to work again?

2. HBOC macrumors 68020

there shouldn't be any problems. You may need to go into disk utility and repair permissions..

3. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

Not repair permissions.

Go into Disk Utility (Applications -> Utilities) and see if your external hard drive appears in the list on the left of the window. If it is, then click on it and select 'Mount' from the top bar in the window and tell us what happens.

4. DemeanorRis thread starter macrumors newbie

THANK YOU GUYS. LOL it worked. I was worried that I probably screwed something up. Another question, I got my imac about a month ago, I downloaded fan control. But three days ago when I heard like a noticeable low whirring coming from my fan. It worried me. So a representative from apple told me to reinstall OS X. So I did with the installation disc and such. Now the fans are dead silent. I am afraid that they stopped but then again my temperature from istat pro shows that they drop and they go up. SO I assume they are back to their default settings right?