MyBook external hard drive

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by keyz, Jul 31, 2007.

1. keyz macrumors member

May 13, 2005
    I'm looking to get an external hard drive for my macbook pro. It seems that I'm quickly losing hard drive space. A big part of the problem is my itunes library, but the other huge part of the problem is that I do a lot of music recording.

I'm wondering if the MyBook would be a good external hard drive to record to and then access music samples from? I couldn't find anything on the website about how fast it is? Is it 7200rpm?

Post your reviews of the MyBook external hard drives please. I was specifically looking at this one here. Thanks!
  2. remmy macrumors 6502a

Jul 1, 2007
    Got similar version last year, mybook pro, but just usb and firewire400 320GB

Been quiet happy with it but a bit noisy, it will making a slight humming sound that is really irritating when in a very quiet environment

If this is a problem then defiantly go for something else, got a older WD drive which much quieter
  3. Reflow macrumors 68000

Mar 30, 2005
    Yup, I second that post about it being loud. I also had the previous model and it sounded like a jet engine in my office. I sure hope they fixed that issue
  4. colorspace macrumors 6502

Jul 5, 2005
    I have the MyBook Pro version, very nice and stable but it goes to sleep all too easily and takes a bit to wake up. Unfortunately it does this based on some internal setting that has nothing to do with the energy setting on my mac.