MyFitnessPal Math Word Problem

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by opill, May 10, 2015.

1. opill macrumors newbie

From what I gather from reading here and on MFP website--the AW and the MFP App currently have a number of issues to work out--and fixes are underway.

So for now I am disconnecting my AW from MFP App. But I still want to use MFP. Here is my question:

To achieve my weight loss goal without any exercise, MFP tell me I should consume 1800 calories per day. If I exercise on that day-- I can eat that many more calories--let's say I do a run and burn 500-- I could consumer 2300 that day and still be at a caloric deficit.

My Question: What number do I take from the AW to figure out how many calories I can add to the 1800? Is it the Move number? Is the total calories from the Workouts I did? Is it just the active calories from the workouts I did? Is it some other number?

Example from yesterday. I can eat 1800 per day. My Move total yesterday was 1111. I did two workouts--1 was 603 active with 149 resting, another was 114 active 75 resting.

So how many calories could I have added to the 1800 yesterday based on this info?

2. T-Will macrumors 6502a

T-Will

In the Activity app on your iPhone, wouldn't you look at the "Total Calories", and use that to calculate your calorie deficit?

Looking at this though, I'm confused how my Resting Calories is 2829, that seems kind of high.

Attached Files: