iPhone MyLocation App is frustrating me.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by sassenach74, Mar 23, 2013.

  1. sassenach74 macrumors 65816

    sassenach74

    Joined:
    May 3, 2008
    Location:
    Hampshire, England
    #1
    I need a genius. I just cannot get the MyLocation app to work right on my iPhone. It's working perfectly well on my iPad.

    The issue I'm having is that it will not update my current location unless I do a respring. I've followed all the instructions to the letter as posted here:

    http://www.mediafire.com/view/?d40ck3cc5610er3

    I think it has something to do with the fact that I had previously installed an earlier version of it, and something isn't deleting when I uninstall.
    I've gone through everything in ifile, deleting anything related to the app; preference files, caches, the two text files in my documents folder etc etc, but no joy.

    Is there anyone who has had this problem or knows what other steps I can take to fix it? I'm not holding my breath, and I can live with respringing every time, but I'd rather not. All and any help is appreciated.

    Thanks in advance,

    Neil.
     
  2. sassenach74, Mar 24, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2013

    sassenach74 thread starter macrumors 65816

    sassenach74

    Joined:
    May 3, 2008
    Location:
    Hampshire, England
  3. nanolife macrumors 6502

    nanolife

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2011
    Location:
    Pasadena
    #3
    How did you solve it? I've been trying many things and it doesn't work for me.
     
  4. Troneas macrumors 65816

    Troneas

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2011
    Location:
    At the alternatives section.
    #4
    Try following these steps:

    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1549509
     
  5. nanolife macrumors 6502

    nanolife

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2011
    Location:
    Pasadena
    #5
    Yep, I did exactly all that over and over again and still doesn't update.
    I'm using Analog Clock from elite 6. If I put the locale code it works flawless, otherwise it will only find the country I am but not the proper stats.

    I'm not sure anymore if it has something to do with MyLocation since even using LockHTML2 and manually getting a location (manually updating the myLocation.txt) it still doesn't work.

    Funny that as I said before, manually adding the locale code from Yahoo weather page it works great but loading the info from myLocation.txt it doesn't!

    I have added all the file permissions available through SSH and yet, don't know what's happening.
     

Share This Page