MYOB AccountEdge v2 stopped printing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by snberk103, Jun 4, 2008.

1. snberk103 macrumors 603

Hello All

I am using MYOB's AccountEdge v2. This is the last version for Canada that will work on a Mac. I'm using it on Leopard 10.5.2 on an Intel Mac. Its a USB Canon i860 printer.

In the past 2 weeks MYOB has stopped printing. It won't print reports, forms, invoices, or anything else I've tried. I have confirmed that the printer works for other applications. I have restarted the system. I have repaired permissions. I have reset the printing subsystem. When I'm in MYOB and use the OS X print dialogue to create a PDF, I get a blank PDF. When I try to use the PDF creator in MYOB (Send To) the program crashes.

Its as if MYOB has lost the ability to see the printing subsystem.

There is no MYOB presence in Canada anymore, so I can't contact them.

Has anyone else here run into the problem? And more importantly, fixed it? The only advice I have gotten so far is to revert back to Tiger, which is not a viable option in my case. An MYOB consultant tells me that in their experience MYOB installed under Leopard won't print, and that that MYOB Tiger upgrades only "usually" work, and that they don't see a solution being developed.

Thanks in advance.

2. snberk103 thread starter macrumors 603

Replying to my own post.... for anyone else with the same problem, it doesn't look good. I haven't been able to find an answer from MYOB or Apple either.

So, now I'm test driving MoneyWorks.....

3. waynedavis macrumors newbie

made mine print

after countless hours or experimentation.
    If I change my user name as it appears (computer user name) when the application is starting up then I am able to print
    HOWEVER
    if I do not select "all" pages EVERY TIME in the print dialogue box instead of the 1 to 32767 which appears automatically the application enters a "death loop" which can only be stopped with a force quit.
    Now if someone could show me how to print the year with 4 digits I would be set for another several years ( I did get rid of the slashes with the free MYOB date font)

4. Brian Appleby macrumors newbie

how about American version?

I too am a long time Accountedge user and dreading losing it as I move to a new computer and Leopard.

I was wondering if there is any reason why I couldn't buy the American version. The only real difference is GST, and I think that could be set up in the tax options.

I know it won't import my file directly - I tried this about a year ago with the American version demo, and it told me it couldn't import a Canadian file. But I think the info could be imported through the export/import functions - I would have to do it that way to move to Moneyworks. I'd just sooner stick with an interface I know instead of learning a new program.

5. waynedavis macrumors newbie

There is a solution!

Hi all fellow sufferers. I tried a copy of Intuit Quickbooks Accounts for Mac (MYOB) which they issued in 2003. There is no printing problem and the windows even resize. THe challenge is to find a copy unless intuit would actually still sell them? Wayne

6. jay2ocean macrumors newbie

accountedge canada info

I am trying to find a copy of Accountedge v2 for Canada. I can't find one anywhere, only a US version.
    My problem is, the US program won't upgrade my canadian files.
    Any advice would be appreciated

7. waynedavis macrumors newbie

I have a v2 BUT it has serious printing problems with the newer mac's and/or the operating system. You really need to find the (v3?)"Quickbooks for Mac" version that Intuit released briefly or wait as the re-release of MYOB in Canada is imminent. Wayne

8. jay2ocean macrumors newbie

MYOB v2

Thanks Wayne

Are you still using your v2 or have you moved on? I still use a G4 computer and osX 10.3.9, so all I really need is a version that is osX compatible.

If you are abandoning v2 I would certainly purchase it from you.

9. stellardesign macrumors newbie

MYOB coming

If you do a quick Google you'll see MYOB is returning to Canada July 1st. No pricing but you get $100 off if you've stuck with the old program.
    I can't say I've had any printing problems using Leopard. Looking forward to having all the functions working properly though.
    I looked at Moneyworks but I need a built in payroll section like in Accountedge. With all of the other Canadian programs, payroll is separate and doubles your cost and ease of use.
    Looking forward to the new release after Intuit screwed all of us when they took over MYOB Canada.

10. waynedavis macrumors newbie

Like Stellar says we will soon have a new version of MYOB or Accountedge for Canada. I'm looking forward to it for the date compatibility with the new cheques, scrolling windows etc. Where are you located Jay2ocean? wayne