"MyProfiles" app

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by robdam1001, Mar 13, 2009.

1. CrzyCanuck72 macrumors 6502a

it looks really good... but the installation process is a little sketch... download their program and let it install something on your phone. I'd prefer it if they just went through Cydia...

2. robdam1001 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cydia downloads something on your phone I would think, lol!

3. robdam1001 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Damn, I just found out that they have REMOVED the Intellidial functionality from Intelliscreeen EVEN THOUGH I PURCHASED Intelliscreeen 4 months ago! BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. HalfApple macrumors newbie

Rock,Myprofiles suckks... Use Auto Silent and stay calm.

Rock your phone is worse. While upgradingg installs something which disables another unrelated apps.
    They take money & then scale down the features in next update. Then create another app to sell those removed features.
    Never buy anything from them. MyProfiles is their invention to suck money.

Try "Auto Silent" app, frequent free upgrades. And did I say, they dont remove features to create another app.

5. MrThompsonR macrumors 6502

MrThompsonR

I D/L'd Auto Silent, a great, simple and easy to configure program.

6. Ikyo macrumors 6502

Ikyo

I know this thread is a little old, but does anyone use MyProfiles? I got it and it seemed to work okay. I did notice it switching profiles for what seemed to be no reason. Wondering what everyone elses thoughts are on the subject.

7. jbdd21 macrumors newbie

I use it, but it does take a lot of forethought on your configuration and rules to get it working properly. Hopefully the GUI will be updated soon to make it more user friendly.

8. Ikyo macrumors 6502

Ikyo

Do you have any issues with it switching profiles for strange reasons? For an example, last night I was inside a building and I believe the location service wasn't able to get an accurate fix on my location. For my home rule, I have it setup for a Wifi check and a location check. So it should switch to that if either is true. While in the building over 30 or so miles away it was going to my home profile based on the location.

I am wondering if I disable Wifi, but have a wifi rule setup...how does it handle it? Is that why it says it can take up to 15 minutes because it only cycles the wifi/bluetooth on every X minutes.

9. cdrwinston macrumors regular

I downloaded and used the trial version. I did notice that it would cycle through different profiles for no reason. I had it set to not push notifications at night but then I would miss them through the day because it switched profiles. Didn't like it so I removed it before the trail ended. Really liked the idea though.

10. Ikyo macrumors 6502

Ikyo

Right now I have went back to SBSchedule. I love the idea, but I think there are a few big issues with it unless I might have been doing something wrong.

11. linuxidiot macrumors member

I love SBSchedule, however there was a glitch with re-springing and the ringer getting re-activated. So I gave MyProfiles a chance, with the inability to specify specific days for a certain profile to run, I decided to give location-service profiles a go. I setup Work as a location-specific profile, however I would be 20 miles away and see the Work profile activate.

After talking to the developer I implemented his volume change suggestion for now on my Work profile to keep re-springs from re-activating a loud ringer

12. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

tried this many months ago and it was full og bugs and very unreliable. Support was non existant too, so I gave up on it. I haven't used rock at all since then.

SBSchedules does exactly what I need it to

13. Ikyo macrumors 6502

Ikyo

I noticed that the new version 1.2.2 for SBSchedule seems to fix the volume problem. I am now waiting to see what is up with Auto Silent and I should be pretty good to go.

14. The LPT macrumors regular

i had a question about this app.

I downloaded the trial a while ago but never really tested it out. I've restored my phone since then. I'm assuming if I download the trial again, it will be expired.

Can anyone tell me if it has a default profile if no conditions are met. For example,

I have 3G on by default, but when I'm at home and connected to my wifi network I would like 3G to turn off. I'm wondering once I leave my home wifi network, does 3G turn back on automatically or does it stay off until another condition is met such as connecting to the bluetooth of my car.

15. Sixth Street macrumors member

I did the three day trial a few weeks back and it's a great idea, but poorly executed. Any location based profile change which usually for me was wifi network based, was hit or miss too often to pay 7 bucks.

Unfortunately, there is no real alternative for it in the cydia world.

SBSchedule is pretty robust, but lacks profile switching based on wifi network.

16. Sixth Street macrumors member

Yes, there is a default profile for no conditions met that in theory works exactly like you described. But it worked sporadically for me in the 3 day trial period so I decided not to purchase it.

17. The LPT, Nov 18, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2010

The LPT macrumors regular

i bit the bullet and bought the app. It did do what I was hoping for, returning to a default profile when no conditions are met. It also did seem quite buggy with the wifi location based conditions. Like a previous poster said it was hit or miss.

I finally realized that the issue with wifi locations was when the phone went into a locked, the wifi would temporarily disconnect. And since the app checks for location roughly every 15 mins, it sees that its no longer connected to my wifi and decides there is no condition met which puts it to the default profile.

I downloaded insomnia (free) and that issue is completely gone. Since it keeps wifi on while in standby. It doesn't seem to drain any more battery since I set myProfiles to turn off 3g when i'm in my home network.

I may get the pro version of insomnia (for scheduling use of it) if I can figure out a practical use for it.

I would definately suggest trying the app out along side insomnia. It works so much better.

edit - further testing shows that it's using more battery than I expected. So I can't recommend using this method. Intelliborn just needs to implement a method of turning enabling the wifi while in sleep mode for about 10 seconds so it can reconnect, then do all the conditional checking.