Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jared_kipe

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2003
Seattle
If memory serves me, MacOS uses Lucida Grande and possibly Helvetica as system fonts, so in theory if you replaced those fonts with the font you want to use MacOS will use them instead (meaning delete/rename them)

dimi94941

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 25, 2010
would u by any chance happen to know where i can find those fonts? adobe's and apples?

Daelos

macrumors member
Aug 3, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

The system text is lucida grande, not myriad. Helvetica is used on iOS (though let's hope it never transfers to osx- it's a god awful type for screen). You are unlikely to get a font you set locally to work online: websites are generally coded to a specific set of font selections by the designer/maker, often for enhancement of the content (you won't but a book you can change the font to something whimsical; you have to be able to read it without noticing it).

That said there are ways to change the system wide font: should you indeed want myriad over the system default

dimi94941

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 25, 2010
Yes, I would really want Myriad over default fonts. I searched the web but didn't find anything.

Do you know, how I could do this?

Daelos

macrumors member
Aug 3, 2008
Silk (by unsanity) or Tinkertool should be able to do the job for you. I believe tinkertool does not let you change menubar fonts though. Silk may do so but i can't provide any more info than that as personally, i like the default option.

any customised versions i see usually look a little odd and impact legibility.

have fun!

dimi94941

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 25, 2010
Thank you very much, you've been very helpful to me. I'll try that.:D

Have a great day! ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.