myriad of problems with macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by grzesiek024, Dec 26, 2007.

1. grzesiek024 macrumors newbie

I've been reading around the site and really haven't found the answer to my questions. Which mostly has to do with costs.

I got my macbook in september of 2006. I got it just before i went abroad and it's been through a lot. I'm not sure if a macbook was the right laptop for backpacking through europe and russia, but it survived... kind of.

About midway through, my superdrive began to refuse discs. Then the lining of the case around the usbs began to crack. Then the line of the case above the trackpad cracked off (i'm keeping together with some scotch tape). The trackpad has become insanely sensitive, i just need to gently touch the button for it to click about 6 times. The headphone jack stays on even though there's no headphones in there (nice little red light though).

My theory for these problems is that i need the keyboard and mouse portion of the case replaced, or maybe the whole case in general. But i'm not exactly the most wealthy person and i'm out of warranty. Does anyone know how much it'd cost to get my laptop case replaced? Or does anyone have any other suggestions or ideas of how i could fix these problems myself? I don't like anywhere near a mac store for the time being so those suggestions would be best.

2. ScubaDuc macrumors 6502

ScubaDuc

When I was in Chicago I asked at the Apple Shop on Michigan because I have read of cracking MacBook cases and they told me about 400 bucks. :eek:

I hate to find out in Europe how much it would cost :(

3. grzesiek024 thread starter macrumors newbie

i'm back in the states now... and i'm moving to DC in a few weeks. So i hope I can get something done about it. I guess i can afford 400 bucks, but I just wonder if it's worth getting it fixed or just shelling out the money for a new one...