Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Felldownthewell

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2006
Portland
I can't find it anymore but in one of Tom's little "Hey blahblahblah about the site" bubbles that you get on your homepage it said the accounts weren't deleted and that they were/are just moving data centers, and that it will be fixed.

Dunno if it is or not but just thought I'd share.

Edit I just saw that someone screen-shotted the message which makes my post rather obsolete... so here is a picture of a fat kid pretending to be Shakira (my friend's cousin from Hood River):

L_IMAGE.10ca599209f.93.88.f8.2b.6bff1fe.jpg

Butler Trumpet

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2004
Dekalb IL
I agree with Facebook being better than myspace.

I have both, and I like how myspace you can customize, but so many people do a terrible job at that, and there are so many ads that its really not worth it.

Now if facebook was available to everyone, it would be the winner hands down in everyones book. I really think they should make that move.

7on

macrumors 601
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
medea said:
Both my wifes and my own myspace accounts were apparently deleted. When we try to log on it says invalid user and the account was either cancelled or deleted. WTF?

No neither of us did anything wrong or against myspace policy with our accounts. I have no clue why this happened. Anyone else ever have this occur?

**** myspace. :mad:

Both of your wives? ;-p

medea

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 4, 2002
Madison, Wi
Facebook is limited to colleges, jobs etcetera and that seems pretty lame. I only use myspace to keep track of people and it's fine for that. The site just seems to go under maintenance for some **** or another every day. I also don't care about the ads, the site is free so ads are expected.

Good to hear everything wasn't deleted. Seems like I was the first person to report the problem online. Whoopee.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
7on said:
Both of your wives? ;-p

See, yet another con to MySpace. Before MySpace, it was easy to get away with polygamy. You had your wife in town A, you had your wife in town B. As long as people stuck to their own, you could live two lives. Now Wifey A is going to go and MySpace you and find Wifey B. And Wifey B is going to get all upset when you remove her from your top 8 to appease Wifey A. And then Wifey B is going to make a bulletin about what kind of a husband you are, and your friends are going to start deleting you from their friend lists, and starting rumors about how you like 13 year old girls....

God, for the good old days! :eek: ;) :D

tomokun

macrumors member
May 21, 2006
Milwaukee, WI
Facebook is more efficient than myspace im gunna have to say.

That and if you join the group "Apple Students" you can get a free music sampler every week.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
AhmedFaisal said:
That is why I refuse to be on MySpace or on Facebook and have made it crystal clear to my friends that I will NOT tolerate pictures of me to be posted on the web without my consent.

It is a problem when pictures of you that were taken in a friendly context, like out at a club, get posted without your permission...

But as far as getting fired because of your MySpace... it's a public eye thing. Why would one say things on MySpace that would cause them to get fired? Everyone knows its publicly available.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Tom is such an arse.

My MySpace is down too. I only use it to irritate and annoy. and to go off on Karl Pilkington style rambles.

Bobdude161

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2006
N'Albany, Indiana
medea said:
Facebook is limited to colleges, jobs etcetera and that seems pretty lame. I only use myspace to keep track of people and it's fine for that. The site just seems to go under maintenance for some **** or another every day. I also don't care about the ads, the site is free so ads are expected.

Every week there's a thread about probs with MySpace. Weird thing is tho everytime someone posts that MySpace is down, mine is working fine. And that is when the thread is at it's most recent. Maybe my browser cache gives me a false sense of being on-line. Maybe I'm not even on-line right now. Maybe this MacRumors is a lie. It's making this alternate virtual reality. Everything I have done on the internets is all in vain!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: It was just a feeble experiment by Firefox!!! Damn them!!!! :mad:

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Jun 14, 2006
Welcome to the real world Bobdude161

MySpace sucks big time. I'm always having problems with it (here in the UK). It also keeps on losing my friends list :mad: :mad:

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2004
AhmedFaisal said:
Why?? Well, because your employers are using it to dig up dirt about you and find reasons to fire you...
MySpace sure, but how Facebook you ask... well, most schools allow alumni in some shape or form to retain/get .edu e-mails, and oh suprise they are on facebook too! :rolleyes: Then they pretend they are current grad/undergrad students and all that wonderful security sooner or later is down the *******.
That is why I refuse to be on MySpace or on Facebook and have made it crystal clear to my friends that I will NOT tolerate pictures of me to be posted on the web without my consent.
Cheers,

Ahmed

No but see on facebook you can set your profile to private and you can also set it that nobody other than people from your school can search for you AND you can set it so that alumni can't see your profile.

Facebook lays down the funk, my brotha'.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
mkrishnan said:
Yeah, I know Floriduh never treated you that well. But you are always a part of *our* family, mister! ;)

Awwwww, and Philly is welcoming me back. I feel so at home here right now, even though it's changed.

Besides that, my MySpace profile is there again. :D

madog

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2004
Korova Milkbar
spicyapple said:
I have a hatred for MySpace that knows no bounds.

It has it's purposes. For example some friends of mine just moved to Paris and it's a great way for them to tell their friends and family whats going on without having to send a bunch of emails/pictures.

Other than that, I hope the creator of myspace gets burned in the firey depths of hades for most of eternity [not all of it]. My girlfriend has a sick addiction to that evil place.

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2004
madog said:
It has it's purposes. For example some friends of mine just moved to Paris and it's a great way for them to tell their friends and family whats going on without having to send a bunch of emails/pictures.

Other than that, I hope the creator of myspace gets burned in the firey depths of hades for most of eternity [not all of it]. My girlfriend has a sick addiction to that evil place.

And let me guess... She has you plastered all over her myspace with pictures of the both of you... And under her who id like to meet she some cliche line on how she has met "her man.." chicks go all out on teh myspace.

whocares

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2002
:noitаɔo˩
This somehow reminds me of threads started by some members here when MR has been down for 10mins. And you guys think teenage-girls are in desperation? :confused: :p :p

madog

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2004
Korova Milkbar
CubaTBird said:
And let me guess... She has you plastered all over her myspace with pictures of the both of you... And under her who id like to meet she some cliche line on how she has met "her man.." chicks go all out on teh myspace.

How did you know?!? Have you been checking out her myspace? Back off!

But seriously, yes. It's gross. Pictures of me and every single person she has ever met in her life with even more pictures of them and their families.

I set up a page because of her [thought there had to be some certain allure to the site, why else would everyone use it.] and she got a little too angry that my relationship status was set to "single". I told her that myspace wasn't real and that just pissed her off even more. It's sick! Sick I tell you!

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2004
madog said:
How did you know?!? Have you been checking out her myspace? Back off!

But seriously, yes. It's gross. Pictures of me and every single person she has ever met in her life with even more pictures of them and their families.

I set up a page because of her [thought there had to be some certain allure to the site, why else would everyone use it.] and she got a little too angry that my relationship status was set to "single". I told her that myspace wasn't real and that just pissed her off even more. It's sick! Sick I tell you!

Yeah... And when your in a relationship with a girl who has a myspace and she's finds out she's not in your top 8.... "LIKE OMFG.... IM NOT IN YOUR TOP 8???!! BUT I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME...." It's so sad its hilarious... I have seen it countless times.. The bf will then post stupid pics on his gf's comment box with little phrases that he thinks are cute. And then his girl will do the same... Gnaw.. And some of these people are like in their mid 20's too... Scary.... :eek:

whocares

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2002
:noitаɔo˩
CubaTBird said:
Yeah... And when your in a relationship with a girl who has a myspace and she's finds out she's not in your top 8.... "LIKE OMFG.... IM NOT IN YOUR TOP 8???!! BUT I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME...." It's so sad its hilarious... I have seen it countless times.. The bf will then post stupid pics on his gf's comment box with little phrases that he thinks are cute. And then his girl will do the same... Gnaw.. And some of these people are like in their mid 20's too... Scary.... :eek:

Sometimes I wish I studied sociology at uni. MySpace would be an excellent research topic. :eek:

madog

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2004
Korova Milkbar
CubaTBird said:

lol!!

You have it down.

I kid you not, she was actually concerned that she wasn't number 1 on my top 8 list. I havent bothered to do so yet because I think it's pretty pointless though I might break down one of these days. And yeah, the once a month I actually take a look at myspace I might bless her page with a comment that may or may not be cute. Hey, why not? It makes my job that much easier because lets face it, if the girlfriend is happy then so am I [but I still try to convince her that she's a huge nerd and that myspace is the devil]. And while I may almost be in my mid 20's.... I'm not yet :p

d wade

macrumors 65816
Jun 27, 2006
Boca Raton, FL
i know if myspace goes down for even an hour.. my girlfriend and sister go nuts. its like their whole world was turned off for a short period of time lol..

kinda like if macrumors went down? :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.