Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wizwaz3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 4, 2006
Northern Arizona
I'm having trouble signing on to myspace. Neither Safari or Firefox will load myspace and Internet Explorer is dead slow and doesn't load everything right. Anyone else having issues with myspace? What should I do?

psycoswimmer

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2006
USA
Well, MySpace. Someone has a sig on here that puts it quite nicely:

"MySpace is like the HTML equivalent to the Cold War."

Whatever it is, it's probably something on their server's end.

dpaanlka

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2004
Illinois
Why the hell do you have Internet Explorer installed on that thing. Where do people keep getting this crazy insane idea that IE:Mac is a current browser worth considering installing on Intel Macs, and that it is somehow related to IE on PCs? It even clearly says in Microsoft's web site "do not download this" with a nice link to Safari. I mean you really had to have tried to hard to find IE somewhere and install it.

That aside, MySpace not working is quite a frequent occurrence. It isn't the end of the world - probably a good thing. Gets all those people that live on MySpace all day away from the computer, or at least to some better web sites.

wizwaz3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 4, 2006
Northern Arizona
You weren't part of my 'Help me find IE' thing... I need it because IE is the ONLY thing that works with my work's website. No debugging, nothing. And I honestly thought the update may have screwed myspace for me, cuz I don't remember if it's worked since then.

gothiquegirrl

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2006
Planet Earth
Why the hell do you have Internet Explorer installed on that thing. Where do people keep getting this crazy insane idea that IE:Mac is a current browser worth considering installing on Intel Macs, and that it is somehow related to IE on PCs? It even clearly says in Microsoft's web site "do not download this" with a nice link to Safari. I mean you really had to have tried to hard to find IE somewhere and install it.

That aside, MySpace not working is quite a frequent occurrence. It isn't the end of the world - probably a good thing. Gets all those people that live on MySpace all day away from the computer, or at least to some better web sites.

Ok.. So i have IE:Mac on my G3 (running tiger) as a novelty.. but to be honest.. Some of the yahoo boards recommend this browser to new switchers and provide a link to download it. I think they are just playing a cruel joke.. and sure.. it's funny... but OH so WRONG!!

Why did I download it??.. Just to say i did... Do i use it... umm no.. I use Safari or Opera.

there i confessed! I feel better already!

Ang:D

dpaanlka

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2004
Illinois
Ok.. So i have IE:Mac on my G3 (running tiger) as a novelty.. but to be honest.. Some of the yahoo boards recommend this browser to new switchers and provide a link to download it. I think they are just playing a cruel joke.. and sure.. it's funny... but OH so WRONG!!

Why did I download it??.. Just to say i did... Do i use it... umm no.. I use Safari or Opera.

there i confessed! I feel better already!

Ang:D

IE on a G3 makes more sense than IE on a 24" Intel iMac. As for Yahoo!... yeah... that pretty much sums up Yahoo! services.

coasterjosh

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2008
me too!

oh my gosh i ave the same problem... after i downloaded the update for mac... myspace started not working! and i really need to get on cause i need to talk to this one girl that i met yesterday... i really like her but that's not the point... mac really needs to fix this cause i need to go on myspace

melissarae

macrumors regular
May 2, 2008
tampa, florida
ahh... does anyone remember what people did before there was myspace?! geeze...

seems as if they are having server issues. i can get logged in but having problems getting into my inbox or sending messages.

hang tight, i'm sure it'll be fixed soon. i promise it's not the end of the world! ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.