Myspace messes up connection

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Razorhog, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Razorhog macrumors 65816

Razorhog

It is hard to describe this problem, and hard to search for.

I have a 24" iMac (1st gen) running Leopard 10.5.1
    I use Firefox 2.0.0.11
    I have Safari 3.0.4
    I am on AT&T DSL

When surfing the web with Firefox, if I try to open a myspace page, it kills firefox's connection to the Internet. Myspace is VERY slow to load, and it almost never completely does. Sometimes the music player loads and sometimes it doesn't. It always messes up firefox's connection. I have to quit firefox and reload it to get it to work again.
    Safari does no better; it takes a long time to load and generally doesn't load the whole page either. Sometimes it works, sometimes half the page loads, sometimes I only get a blank screen with blue question marks.

Please help!

2. Razorhog thread starter macrumors 65816

Razorhog

I've tried running firefox in Rosetta. It did not help and actually made FF slower and use a lot more CPU time...

3. Razorhog thread starter macrumors 65816

Razorhog

I just tried uninstalling firefox (with app zapper) and reinstalling. Clean install of firefox and it did the same thing. Myspace would load but when it is trying to load the music player it seems to take forever, and when I try to go to any other website it will not connect.

Anyone with any suggestions?

4. Razorhog thread starter macrumors 65816

Razorhog

One of you Mac gurus has to have an idea! Anyone? .......Bueller?
    :cool:

5. Razorhog thread starter macrumors 65816

Razorhog

Now it seems worse...I accidentally opened a myspace page and it broke firefox's connection. I restarted firefox and everything worked again except for google mail. I had to restart the Mac to get firefox to access google mail again. :confused:

6. Razorhog thread starter macrumors 65816

Razorhog

I just tried Camino and it behaves the same way Safari does (when loading a myspace page). Very slow.
    I have a PC running XP (connected to the same router as the iMac) and those pages load very quickly using firefox.
    This has got to be an OS X thing, I just don't know where or what to look for.

7. DEXTERITY macrumors 6502a

Did anyone figure out a fix to this. I'm having the same problem all of a sudden. I can't open my own myspace page. The browser spins when trying to load the music player. I also have the same problem trying to read certain reviews/previews on teamxbox.com

Safari is giving me the same issues. I download the lastest version of adobe flash but that didn't help nor did trashing my cache.

would appreciate any help. thank u

8. kajitox macrumors 6502a

kajitox

I've had a similar problem, but it always seems to go away on its own in a couple of hours; as if MySpace was screwed up and not my computer...is this the case?

9. Razorhog thread starter macrumors 65816

Razorhog

Never fixes itself for me...
    The solution I've come up with is to run Parallels Desktop and open myspace pages in windows xp. Now what would really be cool is if I could somehow be able to click on any myspace link and have it load in Parallels automagically rather than copying and pasting.

10. DEXTERITY macrumors 6502a

thanks for the replies....interesting,,, I finally turned my computer off, started back up a few hours later and it works again. weird. the other sites I was having problems with work now also.. what would restarting have fixed?