Myspace Music and Mac Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by vaipan, Jun 22, 2009.

1. vaipan macrumors newbie

Until several days ago I had no problems on myspace. I am a filmmaker and in a band/book shows, and myspace serves as a great place to promote and find contacts. However, the myspace music player hangs up any browser I attempt to use on my Macbook (OS X 10.5.7). Regardless of which myspace music site it is, the myspace music player freezes the browser and I constantly have to do a force quit. When I restart the computer, the music player will actually load (it usually hangs before it even loads) briefly, and freeze up the browser once more. I used Flashblock to locate the source (as many other forums have suggested) and it definitely is only the myspace flash music player. No other flash effects my browsers.
    I have a PC and everything works fine on there. It isn't, as other forums have suggested, a problem with over-embellished myspace pages. I've looked and read tons for an answer, and nothing works.
    Can anyone help me out with this, or have any suggestions? I'm thinking about dumping my PC and getting an iMac or Mac Pro, but this is ridiculous and reasserting my nearly lost devotion to Windows.
    Thanks very much.

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

3. vaipan thread starter macrumors newbie

I do have the most recent version of flash. But I re-installed it for good measure. I erased my flash storage. Didn't work. However, after I rebooted the mac and uninstalled my Flashblock and User Agent Switcher plug-ins, everything's fine. I don't know what happened, but something fixed it. Thank you very much!

4. keithmichael macrumors newbie

I'm having this exact same problem. If I disable the plugin firefox will run fine. I enable it, and give it like 3 minutes on myspace and it's frozen again.