Myspace or FaceBook

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iParis, Sep 14, 2008.

?

Do you prefer MySpace or FaceBook?

Poll closed Oct 14, 2008.
  1. Facebook.

54 vote(s)
    62.8%
  2. MySpace.

3 vote(s)
    3.5%
  3. Facebook, but I also have a MySpace.

12 vote(s)
    14.0%
  4. MySpace, but I also have a Facebook.

4 vote(s)
    4.7%
  5. Neither.

10 vote(s)
    11.6%
  6. Both

3 vote(s)
    3.5%
  1. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

As the title suggest, do you prefer to use MySpace or Facebook?

I have both but just recently got Facebook a couple weeks ago, it seems way better than MySpace.
    I used to use MySpace all the time but now I still log on everyday but don't use it to talk to people unless they don't have Facebook, AIM, or MSN.

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Myspace is bloated crap, I had it for a while before Facebook took off and I just didn't like it that much. Bulletins are a great feature though. I've got the Myspace app downloaded ready for when I get an iPhone though... Might give it another shot in a different (hopefully not as bloated) form.

Voted for Facebook.

3. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Although I scarcely use either, I do have a FaceBook account, but I wouldn't touch MySpace with yours.

4. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

I hate hate hate MySpace. I like FaceBook enough to use it, whereas I would only use my best friend's MySpace login if I absolutely had to look at someone's page.

FaceBook's people you may know tool is great too. I've reconnected with high school friends I haven't seen for over 15 years. People I was actually happy to reconnect with. ;)

And BTW, I'm anxiously awaiting FaceBook's updated iPhone app. :mad:

5. hellomoto4 macrumors 6502a

hellomoto4

6. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

I have an account on both but use MySpace the most often, none of my friends will regularly use Facebook. Overall I think MySpace is easier to use but I find Facebook to be a little more refined. The thing I hate about MySpace is that they've started blocking third party links you send to friends if they find the website "unsafe," which many times blocks perfectly safe website. With Facebook I hate all the application and group invites, if I want to add an application or join a group I will do it myself, I don't need 50,000 invites sent asking me to.

7. Adamo macrumors 6502

I just ignore all those application and group invites, I rarely visit that part.

I vastly prefer Facebook - I've gotten in touch with people I only knew the name of when travelling, and voila, I could now talk to them online with just knowing their names! Same with old school-friends; although I can't find one person in particular sadly, hope the guy's okay!

MySpace I have an account for, but I've tried deleting it a few times and it won't disappear.. how strange.. not. Everyone's using Facebook that I've met now, only bands use MySpace nowadays.

8. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

Facebook all the way. I only use my myspace because I have friends who prefer to use that instead of facebook so its easier to get a hold of them

I hate waiting for ppl's myspaces to load and then most of the time its hard to read anyway. I just find it annoying.

9. Afini macrumors member

I use MySpace to keep in contact with old High School friends, but never took enough interest in it to look for similiar websites like Facebook. Though I might get around to looking at it since everybody seems to think its better. :D

10. thebassoonist macrumors 6502a

thebassoonist

facebook all the way, but myspace is handy for keeping in touch with people who refuse to switch.

11. spikespike macrumors member

I hate hate hate myspace. was on facebook when there were still >20 schools on it. it was much better then.

12. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

i have a facebook and a myspace but only use facebook. I haven't logged in my myspace in months :eek:

13. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Myspace is disgusting. When web pages regularly crash your browser, have timed out flash scripts or at least pinwheel Safari for a century, clearly something is wrong. Never mind that most peoples' pages make me want to puke.

14. mlemonds macrumors 6502a

mlemonds

got pushed away from myspace due to all the spam friend requests.

starting to check it more, but if it wasnt for the iphone app i dont think i would touch it

15. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

16. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

I use both. Mainly because I started using FaceBook to contact people at my University, back when that was a requirement. Then I used MySpace to contact "regular" people.

I like how Facebook pages are nice and clean, and can't be overloaded with crap like on MySpace pages.

I know so many people who are scared of Facebook, mainly due to the mini-feed and the stupid experiment they did with sharing outside activities on the mini-feed.

TEG

17. 11800506 macrumors 65816

Facebook. Myspace just seems overly bloated and Facebook overall even in concept is just cleaner (meaning people's names vs usernames, etc) which makes it more appealing to me.

18. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

Facebook is good for:
    - contacting your friends and coworkers
    - finding former college and high school classmates
    - finding old friends neighbors

MySpace is good for:
    - small-time bands most people have never heard of
    - 14-year-old girls
    - 46-year-old men pretending to be 14-year-old girls

I don't use MySpace, but I have a Facebook account, and am constantly surprised by the people I'd forgotten about that I get friend requests from.

19. MST macrumors 6502

MST

LOL!

Facebook all the way for me ;)

20. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

21. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

I use both equally. I started using Facebook a month ago and am using it a bit more due to that... But will probably end up using both equally.

22. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

Facebook is more reliable but MySpace is more fun. :)

23. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Yup, Facebook is the new Friends Reunited. I've had to make lists to sort out the school, college and uni friends. Loads I hadn't seen in years (but a few meet ups recently fixed all that :)).

Really bloody useful.

MySpace just grinds on my PowerBook (with 10.5 and Safari).

24. nakamuramori2 macrumors regular

i prefer myspace. well i started w/ myspace long long time ago and im used to it.. but it is really cool to be able to design ur homepage..