Mysql 5.0.45 on MAC OS 10.5

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by D0MZE, Dec 17, 2007.

1. D0MZE macrumors newbie

I installed MySQL 5.0.45 using the package distribution download from mysql, then installed the startup items and then installed the preference pane.

So when I click start mysql it doesnt start, in the preference pane that is.
    if i do sudo /Library/StartupItems/MySQLCOM/MySQLCOM start, it doesn't start...
    but if I do what that script does, that is run the same command, mysql runs that is sudo /usr/local/mysql/support-files/mysql.server start it starts mysql
    The same idea follows for stop

How come the Startup Item does not work as intented? Is there something that is not compatible with OSX 10.5?
    Or have I done something that was not suppose to be done?

Thanks

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I've been wondering about this myself. I suspect that both the startup item and whatever script the start mysql button in the preference pane does doesn't work with 10.5, for whatever reason.

3. D0MZE thread starter macrumors newbie

4. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

I can't say what the problem is but I thought I would let you know that I have 5.0.45 working on my machine (10.5.1). I had it on before upgrading to 10.5 and it still worked after the upgrade. So if you can figure out how to start it up it will work. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

5. D0MZE thread starter macrumors newbie

No No, mysql itself works, just that the startup items don't for some reason ... weird lol