Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tholian

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 26, 2007
Stanford
I'm running several wordpress sites off of Mountain Lion Server and all has gone well. Now I am trying to add a fourth site and have run into some trouble. When trying to add a new table to MySQL via SQL Buddy front end I get the following error:

“You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘) CHARSET latin1’ at line 1”

It does not matter what name I put in for the table, I always get the error message so I don't think it is really a syntax error.

After a great deal of research I have not come up with a solution. :mad: I was hoping that someone has seen this and solved it already. I know thier are a lot of variables but someplace to start would be helpful. :)

BTW, does anyone know of a good tutorial for working with SQL Buddy and Wordpress?

Thanks

neier

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2003
Japan
No experience with SQL Buddy or wordpress, but, that's just an SQL syntax error. You need an equal sign between CHARSET and latin1

create table `TableName` ( .... ) DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 ....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.