Mysterious $890 charge

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Macdude2010, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Macdude2010 macrumors 65816

Macdude2010

Hello MacRumors,

Today I got my credit card charge and I find a little surprise, a myserious $890 charge is on it, I do remember them having to put a hold on the card for an advanced replacement back about a month ago (the only mail replacement I did out of the 5 I had replaced for different issues), but they said it was taken off after the old iPad had been received, any ideas? I have not made any apple purchases since the iPad 2 came out but will be buying an iPhone 5.

2. uriel360 macrumors newbie

i would call them and make sure that they did receive the old one first. If they did then ask them why were you charged? you would be surprised this happend to my sister with T-Mobil and a blackberry exchange. she returned the old phone but they still charged her bill like $500 as she never returned the phone. She called in and once they saw that they did recieve it they refuned the charge. if you cant resolve the issue fight it with the credit card company.

GOOD luck..

3. Macdude2010 thread starter macrumors 65816

Macdude2010

yes, they defiantly received it, that was because i tried something different the next time i had to replace, they sent the next replacement (CRU) to me after they confirmed that they got the old one.

I just wish they will do something to reimburse me for all these troubles

4. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Companies charge things out of blue all the times. You just have to be very vigilant and watch those charges.

I was charged 12.01 dollars for no reason on my account and I filed a claim and complained to apple.

They did reimburse, but they never offered anything else.

5. Macdude2010 thread starter macrumors 65816

Macdude2010

Well, there's a difference between $890 and $12, but i am glad to see they refunded it