Mysterious Apple Charges

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by rweakins, May 21, 2008.

1. rweakins macrumors 6502

rweakins

I just bought a .mac account and upon checking my bank account online i see the 99.95 charge for the account but then there is a $112 charge! i did upload pictures to a gallery and am under the impression that would be free and is included in the .mac account. i have not bought anything from the apple store aside from the .mac account. anyone have a similar problem when the purchased an account?

2. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Is that $112 in addition to the $99.95 charge? Or is there only the $112? If it's the latter, it's probably the $99.95 + tax.

3. atluten macrumors 6502

4. rweakins thread starter macrumors 6502

rweakins

it shows two seperate charges. one of 99.95 and one of 112.61. I

Attached Files:

5. rweakins thread starter macrumors 6502

rweakins

they both have the same number posted before the "apple store" title but it is still showing two seperate charges

6. atluten macrumors 6502

You should probably call that in and check to see why you were charged twice. Probably a mistake on Apple's part since the charges occurred on two separate days. Good luck sorting that out!

7. rweakins thread starter macrumors 6502

rweakins

WHAT THE *&^*&%*! one of the charges is listed as being made TOMORROW! i dont know how that works.

8. mreg376 macrumors 6502a

I'm surprised that anyone savvy enough to me a "member" of MacRumors would pay Apple $100 plus tax for .Mac, when Amazon sells it for $69.99, w/free shipping and no tax.

9. PcBgone macrumors 6502

PcBgone

I think you need to relax before you blow a gasket. If you used a visa/mastercard debit card from your checking account, then more the likely one of those "charges" is simply a pending charge. I would guess the 99.95 is the pending charge, just to make sure you have the money in the account. Why dont you call your bank and verify.

I think coming here complaining about this is a little over the top, especially when you havent even called your bank to verify it was double charged.

10. jrock2004 macrumors 6502

You can get the deal from apple but you have to buy online.