Mysterious Gray Icon Next to Song

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by HahaHaha321, Jun 17, 2012.

1. HahaHaha321, Jun 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2012

HahaHaha321 macrumors member

Hello,

I bought a song from iTunes last night, and it has been causing problems. When I downloaded it, a strange icon appeared next to it:
    [​IMG]

I assume that some sort of glitch occurred while it was downloading because I went to my previous purchases in iTunes, and it thought that the song wasn't on my phone.

When re-downloading it, the icon went away. So then I logged out of my account. However, I keep getting popups once a minute asking me to log into my account again. Once I log in, the icon appears again. Even when swiping and deleting the song completely, it will re download itself with that same icon once I log into my iTunes account. I've tried resetting all settings but that didn't work. I even tried to download the song on my computer and syncing with the phone, and it did remove the icon. However, it still asks for my account info, and then a duplicate song with the icon downloads again.

Does anybody have any ideas? I would really like to avoid restoring my phone if possible, so I'm trying everything. Thanks!

Additional Info:
    It is an iPhone 4S, completely updated, and it is not jailbroken, if that helps.

UPDATE:
    It seems that the only thing that fixed the problem was in fact a restore of the phone. I re-synced from the backup and everything is fine now. Thanks, everyone, for the ideas.

2. thepyro395 macrumors member

thepyro395

That weird circle thing is the icon that pops up when you are downloading a song. It ususally goes away once the song has been downloaded though.

3. HahaHaha321 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, but even when the song is completely downloaded, the icon will keep appearing and keeps asking me to log into iTunes. Even when I sync it with my computer, it still doesn't think the song is on my phone and will keep trying to download a duplicate song.

4. barredfreak macrumors 6502

The download could be corrupt. Try holding your Power and Home buttons together until the Apple logo appears. Then, try to download the song again.

5. HahaHaha321 thread starter macrumors member

I reset the phone and redownloaded the song like you said. The icon disappeared after the download completed, but within a few seconds the icon came right back. Thanks for the idea, though.

6. normanbates macrumors regular

Contact iTunes support. You may need it deleting off your account and then re-purchasingb

7. HahaHaha321 thread starter macrumors member

It seems that the only thing that fixed the problem was a complete restore of the phone. I re-synced from the backup and everything is fine now.

Thanks for the help, everyone. :)